1st Gen Durango 1998 - 2003 Durango's

99 durango battery cable

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2008, 06:53 PM
brentnkristy
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question 99 durango battery cable

does anyone know the proper length for the 99 durango.
we need to replace the cables and know the lengths vary and don't want to purchase one too small and have to return it or purchase one too large and have to cut it and have the same issue we're having. i've looked on the net and i've yet to find the length stated anywhere.

thanks in advance!

Last edited by brentnkristy; 11-30-2008 at 07:05 PM.
Old 12-01-2008, 01:58 PM
brentnkristy

anyone... no one?

Old 12-01-2008, 02:37 PM
Duranged408
Record Breaker
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by brentnkristy
anyone... no one?
Try posting in the Gen1 section for quicker results next time.

But as for battery cable which one are you talking about and what was the issue that you had?

Old 12-01-2008, 02:44 PM
Duranged408
Record Breaker

Length in any means shouldnt be an issue if kept sane. + to pdc length doesnt matter appropriate size does, in your case making sure you have the correct grounds is the most important if replacing. last i knew there was a 2 point/engine chasis. Take a look at your setup and check out your local auto parts store, sometimes they have multiple lead grounds that save the hassle on the crimping, but again extra inches doesnt matter.

Last edited by Duranged408; 12-01-2008 at 02:47 PM.
Old 12-01-2008, 05:34 PM
brentnkristy

i actually thought i had posted in the 1st gen section. lol.. but after searching for my thread, realized it was in the main durango forum. sorry.

we have a new battery, and no for a fact, it's the battery cables. they were cut and stripped (for some reason) and no they barely fit into the clasps that are on it. we could easily take them off, go to the auto parts store and tell them, we want it this long, only add two inches, but we were hoping to find a recommended length. we are do it yourselfers, that can do anything, but was looking for length. we understand the grounds and all, just was hoping to get a length to go by. do it right.

(love the lift on the durango by the way) i had thought about doin that to mine, but wasn't sure that it would look like. don't see it around here, but i really like it. might do it someday.

thanks, kristy

Old 12-01-2008, 06:03 PM
Duranged408
Record Breaker

Originally Posted by brentnkristy
i actually thought i had posted in the 1st gen section. lol.. but after searching for my thread, realized it was in the main durango forum. sorry.
no problem i do it all the time, its not like its the wrong area but that not alot of us view this section

we have a new battery, and no for a fact, it's the battery cables. they were cut and stripped (for some reason) and no they barely fit into the clasps that are on it. we could easily take them off, go to the auto parts store and tell them, we want it this long, only add two inches, but we were hoping to find a recommended length. we are do it yourselfers, that can do anything, but was looking for length. we understand the grounds and all, just was hoping to get a length to go by. do it right.
Thats okay, if you could get a string, try to run it along the current cables to base the distance you choose, again power is no problem with length and try to keep ground close to bu you could go 6inches + if you chose to without any problems. I cant give you my specs because i cut all mine up, I was bored so i tossed the battery in the rear of the D... Different size power though, 20' of 0gauge from the trunk to the starter, and grounded the battery/engine/body directly to the frame. Thumbs up for being DIY'ers, as i am the same, the D rarely has other hands play doctor...
(love the lift on the durango by the way) i had thought about doin that to mine, but wasn't sure that it would look like. don't see it around here, but i really like it. might do it someday.

thanks, kristy
Thanks for the comments and best wishes with the wires.. Feel free to ask away with any questions

Quick Reply: 99 durango battery cable