1st Gen Durango 1998 - 2003 Durango's

Electric Doors

Search this Thread

Old 12-23-2008, 12:43 PM
moscavenger
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation Electric Doors

I have a 2001 and I have noticed lately that when I click the remote to open the doors or even use key to open the door that the horn will blow three times then stop. This usually only happens first time in the morning. It was once in a while. It is getting to be more frequently. Any Ideas?

Thanks,

Old 12-24-2008, 12:13 AM
IndyDurango
Champion
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Factory security alarm issues. Take it to the dealer to get it cleared and the program cleaned up.

If you start getting any lights flashing, etc... it is a failing CTM.

IndyD

Old 12-24-2008, 09:59 AM
moscavenger
Default Electric Doors

Originally Posted by IndyDurango
Factory security alarm issues. Take it to the dealer to get it cleared and the program cleaned up.

If you start getting any lights flashing, etc... it is a failing CTM.

IndyD

Believe or not I did call the local dealer. Guess what they said? "Don't know, but you can pull your fuse on your horn".

Thanks for the come back. I had called them prior to posting here. I may call Dodge. Of course you know what they will say, "See your local dealer". LOL Thanks again. moscavenger

Old 12-24-2008, 10:49 AM
Mean Green
Champion
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Definitely try looking for another dealer in your area. You may have a little bit more of a drive to get to them but I'm sure it would be worth it to get a knowledgeable service center to do the work. The only good thing about the dealer in your area is that at least they didn't pretend to know what the issue was and charge you for a bunch of unnecessary work...

Old 12-25-2008, 09:55 AM
moscavenger
Default Electric Doors

Originally Posted by Mean Green
Definitely try looking for another dealer in your area. You may have a little bit more of a drive to get to them but I'm sure it would be worth it to get a knowledgeable service center to do the work. The only good thing about the dealer in your area is that at least they didn't pretend to know what the issue was and charge you for a bunch of unnecessary work...

Thanks for your comeback. I will definitely call another one next week. I have emailed Dodge in the past about my 3/4 dodge ram but they didn't really want to comment either. They told me to call a local dealer. Ha Ha. They didn't know that I had already called them and they had told me to call Dodge Co.

Thanks again...

Quick Reply: Electric Doors