1st Gen Durango 1998 - 2003 Durango's

Restore Engine Formula - Gotta Try this stuff

Search this Thread

Old 12-31-2008, 02:23 PM
jgaines1217
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Restore Engine Formula - Gotta Try this stuff

My D has almost 227K miles on it...I'm gonna try to give it till 250K till I rebuild it, but in the meantime, my MPG has been awful averaging 11-12 city, maybe 14 on the highway. When I was a teen few years ago, I worked at Advanced Auto, and I would hear customer's coming in all the time praising this "Restore Engine Formula" stuff. I never tried it until now, but let me tell you, I have easily noticed a difference.

1) Avg city MPG increased to 15-16, Hwy to 18-19.
2) Engine a lot less noisy
3) Hella smoother acceleration and felt a little increase in power/throttle response.

The stuff is kinda pricey, around $8 for the 8 cylinder formula (it comes in 4, 6, & 8), and you have to add it to every oil change. But I think the gas it'll save me will pay for itself. It's only been a week, and I too have the problem with the oil pressure gauge suddenly dropping around a turn or coming to a stop...and it hasn't done it since, but I'll keep everyone posted to see if it will hold that problem off. Has anyone else tried this??

Old 12-31-2008, 07:51 PM
deerang
All Star

it put it in my VW that has over 300,000km on it a while back, never noticed the difference.. used it for 2 oil changes, and didn't notice a thing.. However it's good to hear that it worked for you..

Wonder what would happen if I put the 8 cylinder forumla in the ole 2.0......

Old 12-31-2008, 09:24 PM
Kensai
Champion
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I used it on my old Toyota with 220k miles and did not see any improvements either. But it did stop the slight smoking out the tailpipes when idling. Maybe this stuff is more for the big engines vs the little ones.

Old 01-01-2009, 01:04 PM
gr8scott72
Veteran

Originally Posted by Kensai
I used it on my old Toyota with 220k miles and did not see any improvements either. But it did stop the slight smoking out the tailpipes when idling. Maybe this stuff is more for the big engines vs the little ones.
Look into Auto-RX. VERY good stuff. Lots on info on it at www.bobistheoilguy.com

How's this for a before and after?

Old 01-01-2009, 01:11 PM
Kensai
Champion
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

My toyota always looked like your 2nd pic. Thus why no change for me! I wonder how many times you had to change your oil after using restorer? Seems it stripped alot of the gunk and got mixed with the oil.

Now if engine restorer really removed alot of this gunk, will it be worse on a engine that has really worn out parts? Parts that had its tolerance replaced with gunk, now the tolerance is gone, parts may rattle, or seals may start leaking, etc... Almost makes me want to think the restorer is more of a engine flush vs a restorer?

Quick Reply: Restore Engine Formula - Gotta Try this stuff