1st Gen Durango 1998 - 2003 Durango's

02 Durango R/T

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2005, 01:52 PM
b_salgado
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 02 Durango R/T

My wife and I just purchased an 02 Durango R/T with 28,000 miles on it. It was a local trade and is Immaculate! It is Black with Polished wheels. Are there any problems that I might need to know about with this vehicle. I have already checked with the service department for recalls and there are none outstanding. I really like the way this vehicle handles and drives. It is my wifes vehicle and I want to knoe she is going to be safe and won't have any problems! I also have an Eddie Bauer Expedition and a Taurus.... both have been excellent vehicles with 0 problems. I would hate to have a nice vehicle with a whole bunch of problems! Any help would be appreciated!

Old 02-20-2005, 03:24 PM
ramfan5.9
Hall Of Fame
Default RE: 02 Durango R/T

u might go thru alot of tires with the R/T

Old 02-20-2005, 11:40 PM
Last Of The R/Ts
Record Breaker

I have a 2003 Durango R/T, and I LOVE it! The best truck I ever had. Never had a problem yet and it turns heads more than an '05. Nothing like a good ol 5.9! Yes, you might go through tires a little faster than you would say an SLT but anyone knows if you are concerned about tires or gas- you don't buy an SUV, let alone a Durango R/T. But if you weigh it out, it is more than worth it! Best of luck.

Old 02-21-2005, 11:51 PM
b_salgado

Do you mean go through tires due to a wear problem or from smoking them off? I know it breaks loose easily and is a blast to drive. This is my wifes vehicle... she drives conservatively. I have a Ford Expedition that I drive... I'm not so conservative... it has Custom Flowmaster exhaust, a K&N filter in an open air box and a Hypertech chip.... I like to go fast!

Old 02-22-2005, 05:20 PM
Last Of The R/Ts
Record Breaker

Maybe a lil from both!!!!! The all wheel drive wears them down some a little quicker than an SLT. I think with the same mods, your Expedition will not be able to touch the Durango. I cant say for sure and maybe this is just my Mopar pride talking!! LOL! You HAVE to throw some Flowmaster mufflers under the D though for sure! With an engine like the 5.9 under the hood, you have to take advantage of it! Just for curiosity sake, what size engine does your Expedition have?

Old 02-22-2005, 08:50 PM
b_salgado

Expedition has the 5.4 Triton in it. As for the Expedition not being able to touch the D.... That was proven on the night we brought it home. Stop light to stop light we drag raced. I beat it off the line in the Expedition but she waxed my *** once she hit second gear! She picked up the cell phone after the second try and just laughed at me! I look at it this way... almost 2000 lbs more weight with a smaller engine.... it was a close race less than a truck length but it should have won due to the vehicle to vehicle comparisons. She likes the way D sounds now I told her that I wasn't done playing with it yet. I have been looking at the grille inserts and I am changing out the headlight bulbs this weekend to Silverstars. I run them in the Ex and they are excellent. This is our first Mopar product.... I am a true Ford fan but this D is fast! I like it so far.

Old 03-05-2005, 01:09 PM
Rick980
Rookie

I love the way the R/T slams into second gear when u hammer it, feels like someone hit you from behind and pushed you forward really hard. Those 3.92 gears give the R/T a nice launch and if you have AWD then you lose nothing to tire peel so you just get up and go. I find I can jump out in front of almost anything.........cept some of these little sooped up tuner cars.

Quick Reply: 02 Durango R/T