1st Gen Durango 1998 - 2003 Durango's

is it posible to do "true duals" on a durango 4.7???

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2009, 11:30 AM
dukhunter
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default is it posible to do "true duals" on a durango 4.7???

Hey guys. I was wondering if anyone has sucsessfully installed true duals on there Durango. If so could you send me some pics, and possibly some prints/plans? I recently visited two local exhaust shops. One shop told me true duals aren’t possible on a d, and fake duals are $600. The other shop told $1100. WTF.

Old 02-04-2009, 01:12 PM
Duranged408
Record Breaker
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

True duals are possible, its just time/money consuming to have it custom bent, as for the CEL 02 sims in place for the oxy sens works. Alot of places will not do it due to it being illegal (Emissions) and to do it by law would involve alotta bs. Your best bet would be a Single in muffler Dual output exhaust. Pick up a muffler of your choice, and bring it to a mom and pop muffler shop to have them do a system. I wouldnt say no more that $350 at most.

True dual exhaust will not do anything for the truck except sound, keeping the factory cat (which is par per performance w/out major modification ) and doing a cat back will gain any needed performance.

Old 02-04-2009, 01:42 PM
Kensai
Champion
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Otherwise, the only manufacturer that sells a true dual exhaust direct bolt on is gsm motorsports.

Here is the link. It's not cheap but quality of materials is great. Comes with everything except for cats ($80 extra) and cross over pipe. Should be able to remount the O2 sensors if it had the cats? I would contact GSmotorsports for more info.

http://www.gsmotorsports.com/Merchan...Category_Code=

Click on the link below and do a search for Durango. It will come back with this list of upgrades available for Durango from GSMotorsports.

http://www.gsmotorsports.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?

I would love to buy the 3 inch Custom Y-pipe to reduce my exhaust restriction but it is not avail for 4WD's.

the Novi Supercharger looks appealing! I may have to plan my budget for this!

Last edited by Kensai; 02-04-2009 at 01:51 PM.

Quick Reply: is it posible to do "true duals" on a durango 4.7???