Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2009, 08:45 AM
Duranged408
Record Breaker
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by hydrashocker
You have the 3" body and the T/S lift...... I forgot.......LOL
haha, not for long........
Youd better hurry up If you want to RAM it (sicko) because you wouldnt want to come anywhere's near the new bumper that's in store.... Buy my ceramic coated PPH y pipe, i need paint xD

Old 03-03-2009, 03:53 PM
hydrashocker
Hall Of Fame
Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

I can throw a little white paint on that nice new bumber.......LOL

Old 03-03-2009, 07:31 PM
Neo1130
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sooo, let me get this straight... These will LIFT the Durango 2"? Everything I have read, said that it lowers it 2"? So, if I get these and the little cam things, I can lift the whole vehicle 2"? 1999 D 4x4...

Old 03-03-2009, 11:18 PM
hydrashocker
Hall Of Fame

Yep!

You disconnect the rear leaf springs at the rear of the frame and lift it while you install the shackles. This will lift it 2" in the rear. On the front you load the trotion bars and crank it up. After that you need to get a 4 wheel alignment.

2" lift!

Old 03-04-2009, 03:09 PM
DragonOfMadness
Veteran

Put a cover on,and your "rear" won't be so noticeable=lol>Where'd ya get that front bumper and is it rated for pit manuevers for slow peeps in the fast lane?---If you crank the torsion bars up 2" won't that screw up the steering geometry or caus alot of stress on the bars if you go mild "wheelin"?And do you need shock extensions or longer shocks?Last "dumb" question=I promise>Does it interfere the axle u-joint+axles or axle pinion angles?If not I'm get some shacks and crankin the bars till she's level.

Old 03-04-2009, 11:33 PM
hydrashocker
Hall Of Fame

Originally Posted by DragonOfMadness
Put a cover on,and your "rear" won't be so noticeable=lol>Where'd ya get that front bumper and is it rated for pit manuevers for slow peeps in the fast lane?---

If you crank the torsion bars up 2" won't that screw up the steering geometry or caus alot of stress on the bars if you go mild "wheelin"?

And do you need shock extensions or longer shocks?

Last "dumb" question=I promise>Does it interfere the axle u-joint+axles or axle pinion angles?

If not I'm get some shacks and crankin the bars till she's level.
1. Is just plain funny!!!!........LMAO......
2. Yes it can.
3. No.
4. A T/S lift changes the angle of the ball joints on the front end and causes added ware. If a T/S lift is what you want then get good ball joints.

If your main idea is off road then the added pressures might cause a problem. As long as you have some good ball joints like Moog then you should have no problems. The ride is firmer but other than a T/S lift and body kit lift the other is suspension that is crap.

Old 03-05-2009, 12:08 AM
DragonOfMadness
Veteran

I think i'll wait a year and see if 408 replaces his balljoint with the 2" torsion crank and gets a cover put on his "rear"[j/k=he maybe a hit person for the durango cartel=never know today] and with 3" body lift that 4wheel shifter has to be a wee bit short=was an extention needed to get the lever back to usage level and what other basic mods were necessary>if there's a thread with info let me know....p.s. my girlfriend liked the pic of your bumper support-she said leave it "naked"=ty god ur married caus she'd proally kick me to the curb for ur bumper reinforcement<<she dared me to post this=lol

Old 03-05-2009, 12:57 AM
durango[tK]
Rookie

damn it so i have to get new ball joints ???

haha i dont think he made you post it you just wanted to say that didnt' you you little dirty you haha

Old 03-05-2009, 01:52 AM
DragonOfMadness
Veteran

here's a link for more d lifting stuff=including new "keys" for the torsion bars etc..
http://streetridepro.com/advanced_se...sort=2a&page=1

Old 03-05-2009, 06:36 AM
Duranged408
Record Breaker
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by DragonOfMadness
I think i'll wait a year and see if 408 replaces his balljoint with the 2" torsion crank and gets a cover put on his "rear"[j/k=he maybe a hit person for the durango cartel=never know today]

and with 3" body lift that 4wheel shifter has to be a wee bit short=was an extention needed to get the lever back to usage level and what other basic mods were necessary>if there's a thread with info let me know....

p.s. my girlfriend liked the pic of your bumper support-she said leave it "naked"=ty god ur married caus she'd proally kick me to the curb for ur bumper reinforcement<<she dared me to post this=lol
Haha, that pic was long time ago, that was actualy taken for a showing of the dupont spray on sound deadener/insulator i had done underneath. I've had my t/s done for over two/three years and no problems.

Some people notice a harder ride, others do not. I myself think there is a little extra added tension on the ball joints but its nothing that would lead to premature failure. many people have done the TS lift with no known issues and have had it done longer than me with no problems.

With the body lift, which is quite simple, they supply you with a 2-3" piece of bar to extend the shaft. You remove your shifter/cut and weld in the piece/ and put it back together. Works just as good as stock.

Also, im not married, but my bumper cover is back on. I might just have to take it off again

I wish it was warm again....
Name:  Img_0725.jpg
Views: 1175
Size:  112.5 KB
Name:  IMG_0057.jpg
Views: 287
Size:  184.2 KB
Forgot to mention, this may be the last time anyone will see my D like this. The evil inside just cant let the D sit soooo low.

Last edited by Duranged408; 03-05-2009 at 06:45 AM.

Quick Reply: 6400 belltech shackles