1st Gen Durango 1998 - 2003 Durango's

pretty worried

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2009, 12:55 PM
joboss
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default pretty worried

I own a 98 dodge durango v8 5.2.
Yesterday on my way home from the gym (as soon as i got on my dirt road) my check engine light came on. I checked all the fluids, all normal. No strange sounds. Runs smooth. This morning I went to take it to midas to get the codes checked, and noticed that after putting it into drive it seemed sluggish. Like it was slow to go with pedal way down. Once it got going it was fine. Just going from a stop is slow. I can go backwards it seems just fine. Wondering if its ok to take it to midas,(about 20 miles away, and another 20 home.) to get it read, or just park it and leave it. It has been getting bad gas mileage now for about 6 months, partaily because the master cylender was bad, and kept my breaks on(that helped grind my breaks to nothing and was fixed just the begining of march. I was rear ended in october and that is when i started noticing the bad gas mileage. I know you need codes to kinda point me in the right direction, but i also need to know if it will get worse by driving it to midas. Any ideas to what could be the problem, im loosing sleep and very worried.
Thanks for your help in advance.

Old 04-23-2009, 01:55 PM
Duranged408
Record Breaker
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'd say check your fluids to be cautious, make sure everythings up to par. If adequate fluids (oil/coolant/trans) with nothing looking out of the norm, take it to get your codes checked.

Quick Reply: pretty worried