1st Gen Durango 1998 - 2003 Durango's

a/c on in witch mode

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2009, 12:35 PM
bcv021
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default a/c on in witch mode

2000 durango 4.7 4wd factory front/rear a/c the a/c engages when you use max,a/c and face/feet is this correct? Turns off for face,feet only.Should it come on for the face/feet combo or should that just be outside air? Thanks

Old 04-26-2009, 12:56 PM
hydrashocker
Hall Of Fame
Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Witch.......LOL........ Didn't think your Durango was possessed!.....

A/C Max opens a door in the cab and reuses the air in your cabin to be more efficent. Basiclly, the cooled air is easyer to cool because it was cooled already so it reuses the cabin air.

A/C means it pulls air from the outside and is not so efficent because it is cooling the outside air.

As for where it comes out on your rig I don't know, but I think it should be panel only.

Old 04-26-2009, 01:12 PM
shrpshtr325
THE ULTI-MOD
Received 33 Likes on 31 Posts

it depends on which dashboard set up you have, in my truck (02 w/ the new dash, oval shaped headunit w/ hvac controls underneath it) has a push button to turn the A/C on/off and all the settings run w/ it or w/o (except for the defroster setting, that ALWAYS sets the A/C compressor on )

if you have the older style dashboard (square headunit w/ hvac controls in a verticle panel to the left of the radio) the hvac settings should have a little snowflake picture on it, thos settings (i believe its in btwn two of them, or has a couple settings marked) run the A/C compressor and give you cold air (i think that is how the older dash versions worked, its been a while since i sold my truck w/ the older dash

Quick Reply: a/c on in witch mode