1st Gen Durango 1998 - 2003 Durango's

01 Durango Garage door opener...

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2005, 05:15 PM
Diablo
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 01 Durango Garage door opener...

Hi guys...first time poster, new owner here.
As I didnt get a manual with my truck (what do people do with these things when they sell their vehicle???), I can't figure out how to program the built-in garage door opener to open my garage. Any ideas? Can I use this with more than 1 garage door?
Thanks in advance!

Old 03-10-2005, 09:49 PM
cardfan
Default RE: 01 Durango Garage door opener...

You can use it with Three Openers...

To Train do the following..

1. Turn off engine

2. Erase Factory codes by pushing and holding the two outside buttons for 20 seconds... Release when red light begins to flash

3. Choose on of the buttons to train... Place the hand held controller one to three inches away and push both buttons until the red light begins to flash slowly.

4. When the red light starts to flash rapidly (as long as a minute) release both buttons...

Done....

Different in Canada... It says you have to keep pressing the handheld remote over and over because law only lets them transmit for 2 seconds... (or something like that)

Old 03-11-2005, 02:36 AM
Last Of The R/Ts
Record Breaker

You also have to make sure you dont have a garage door opener that uses a "rolling code" where everytime the button is pushed it is a different number in a sequence pre-programmed in your garage door module. I learned the hard way that some garage door openers just cannot be used with this feature.

Old 10-08-2005, 06:05 PM
frytzz

yes, it can be used on "rolling codes." There's a button on the garage door motor under the covering. You have to remove this and press the button after you do the sequence..

Brian

Quick Reply: 01 Durango Garage door opener...