1st Gen Durango 1998 - 2003 Durango's

Oil in 2001 5.9 kegger. What to swap in it's place?

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2009, 05:48 PM
Gasnmyveins
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Oil in 2001 5.9 kegger. What to swap in it's place?

I don't want to re-use the kegger. I'd rather replace it with something that won't cause the same problem again. I've been looking at the M1, but there are a lot of different styles and I'm not sure which one I should use. If it doesn't cost toooooo much, I might swap the cam and move up one or two steps. Nothing wild, just more torque. Also, do the M1s give more hood clearance?
Does anybody else make a good intake for this engine? I never hear anybody talk about edelbrock or any other manufacturers, only the MP M1.
Thanks, Gas.

Old 07-17-2009, 02:34 PM
hydrashocker
Hall Of Fame
Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

I've talked about them many times.

Here is the M1 for the 360 in single plane (www.summitracing.com) which is needed for the Magnum MFI motor. There shouldn't be any hood clearance problems. It will take more room. The M1 is the best.....IMHO..... Edelbrock makes one but the M1 was designed for the 5.9L. I have seen a Air Gap used and I did a write up on it and i searched for it but couldn't find it. I posted it last year (I want to say Nov 08).

Mopar Performance P4876334 - Mopar Performance M1 Intake Manifolds

i think you should stay with OEM cam, use P&P heads, M1, Fastman 52mm, and if you want more punch after all that then go to 1.7" rockers up from the OEM 1.6" and that will be the same as cam'ing the motor.

Thing is you don't want to OVER DUE the motor and be forced to run 91 octane or better. Read this thread full:>>>>. Longevity & Power Of Your Rig!

Last edited by hydrashocker; 07-17-2009 at 02:44 PM.

Quick Reply: Oil in 2001 5.9 kegger. What to swap in it's place?