1st Gen Durango 1998 - 2003 Durango's

Fuel Injector Code/Issue

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2009, 04:54 PM
gregg_bahr
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fuel Injector Code/Issue

2000 Durango

Ok so i got the code of P0202. Through reading and searching I went for the fix of replacing the TPS. I did test the resistance of the original one and it wasn't reading a steady gain so i figured it was the likely cause but it doesn't appear to have fixed the issue.

So before I tear apart the fuel rail and actually replace the injector it's self I have a question that I have been unable to find the answer to. What is the acceptable resistance of an injector when you test it. The injector related to the code is testing at about 16.5 to 17.0 of resistance but it's not consistent when I test it. I tested a Injector unrelated to the code and it's consistent at 14.7 ohms of resistance are these with in acceptable limits? I really would like to avoid the whole tear apart the fuel rail and replace the injector if possible those AC lines in the way appear to be a problem.

Also on a side note I cant get 10 volts from any of the injector plugs like what I read is the correct reading. I did notice my positive battery cable has some built up corrosion on the out side and battery is only showing 10.8 volts.

Old 08-26-2009, 11:02 PM
hydrashocker
Hall Of Fame
Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

P0202 Injector #2 Ctrl Circ

Low battery can cause many more problems than you think. I will include a pdf from the service manual for the fuel system for a 2000 Durango.

FUEL INJECTOR TEST
To perform a complete test of the fuel injectors and
their circuitry, use the DRB scan tool and refer to the
appropriate Powertrain Diagnostics Procedures manual.
To test the injector only, refer to the following:
Disconnect the fuel injector wire harness connector
from the injector. The injector is equipped with 2
electrical terminals (pins). Place an ohmmeter across
the terminals. Resistance reading should be approximately

12 ohms
61.2 ohms at 20°C (68°F).

Attached Files
File Type: pdf
14_Fuel System.pdf (1.16 MB, 148 views)

Quick Reply: Fuel Injector Code/Issue