Heated Seats - DodgeForum.com

1st Gen Durango 1998 - 2003 Durango's

Heated Seats

Old 08-30-2009, 11:36 PM
72combo
Champion
Default Heated Seats

Has anyone had any problem with their heated seats at all in their Gen 1 Durango or any other Chrysler, Dodge, Jeep for that matter? I won't say what kind of problem just has anyone had any problem with the heated seat just vehicles model year 2003 please. Thanks.

Old 08-31-2009, 12:16 AM
IndyDurango
Champion

I checked for you and there are no recalls specific to the 2003 D and heated seats BTW.

Heated seats as a general rule tend to fail over time. Elements are prone to breakage.

How about more details on what your issue is. No 2003 here however decades worth of general Durango knowledge in the forums. May be worth a shot, we can help if we have a bit more to go on.

IndyDurango

Old 08-31-2009, 01:54 AM
min624

i have a '02 durango R/T that has driver side heated seat problem. the light keeps blinking when i turn it on and there is no heat ?? any suggestions ??

Old 08-31-2009, 02:27 AM
IndyDurango
Champion

My research says if the "Hi" light is blinking, it means the element is open. Most likely, one of the wires in the heated seat element burned up, and opened the circuit. You'll need to have the heated seat element replaced. If you remove the leather cover on your seat, you'll probably see a scorch mark where the problem is.

If the other light is blinking, it means that the element is shorted. Either way, the heating element needs to be replaced.

HTH,

IndyD

Old 08-31-2009, 10:51 AM
shrpshtr325
THE ULTI-MOD

Originally Posted by IndyDurango View Post
My research says if the "Hi" light is blinking, it means the element is open. Most likely, one of the wires in the heated seat element burned up, and opened the circuit. You'll need to have the heated seat element replaced. If you remove the leather cover on your seat, you'll probably see a scorch mark where the problem is.

If the other light is blinking, it means that the element is shorted. Either way, the heating element needs to be replaced.

HTH,

IndyD

yup, and you CAN buy replacement heating pads for the seats, but i havnt bothered in mine bc i used the heaters so infrequently that is not worth the money to me

Old 08-31-2009, 04:56 PM
min624

cool thanks indy

Old 08-31-2009, 11:54 PM
IndyDurango
Champion

min,

Your welcome! Happy to help.

IndyDurango

Old 05-26-2012, 05:33 PM
72combo
Champion

IMHO heated seats are a unnecessary danger, search about issues with heated seats. Not just Dodge or Chrysler they are all having issues and it is strange they continue to offer them.

Old 05-26-2012, 10:11 PM
shrpshtr325
THE ULTI-MOD

i see no way that they are a dangerous add on, if you feel this way you should provide links to cases which back up your feelings because in these trucks they shut off when the key is off and dont get hot enough to burn you not to mention hot enough to set anything on fire.

Old 06-01-2012, 09:39 PM
Compactc9
Veteran

I definitely don't see it as any danger either, but they are wonderful on cold wintery nights when the car is absolutely frosty. I never thought I'd use heated seats, but I do now that I have them.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Heated Seats

Featured Sponsors

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: