1st Gen Durango 1998 - 2003 Durango's

Durango beeps 3 times when opening the car

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2017, 02:54 PM
fcastro
Professional
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Crimekitty
So, I have the same thing going on, but a little different and not sure what it means. It seems as if my CMT was going out, lights flickering etc. so my husband got a "new" used one on eBay and we made sure the numbers and letters completely matched. We installed it ourselves and then planned to take it down to have the fobs programmed. When we unlocked the alarm "horn" started going off, now this surprised me cause I never had an alarm on my 2001 Dodge Durango before. So we switched the old one back till we could get it to the dealer. We had them put it in and program the fobs. Then when the door was opened with the key it set it off, but not the fob, they said it was probably the sensor and so I just said I would use the fob. I then noticed the security light came on and stayed on after the car was turned on for a few. Now it does the same thing as everyone else says where unlocking with the fob it honks three times, but it also has the security light stay on when I am driving. I know I never had a security system before because the security light never blinked when locked it. It seems that the security light stays on because something is not being detected, but I don't have a sentry key, never have. Help! Don't know what to do....my truck is great besides this and I need it for a while longer.
Just wanted to see if you made any progress on this issue? Just to let you know all Durango have a standard alarm. The siren is the horn and all the doors and trunk have sensors and the brain of it all is the ctm. If you open a door it well trigger the alarm.

Old 02-26-2020, 10:55 PM
Durango John
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Horn honks 3 times every morning when I unlock it

I have an '03 that has been suffering from the same issue for as long as I can remember. I have been annoyed so much by this issue that I have occasionally pulled the horn fuse. I am even considering installing a toggle switch on the horn so I can shut it off when I park it. Anyone know what causes this problem?

Old 02-29-2020, 09:29 AM
Durango John
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My 2003 has the same problem. Still haven't found a fix other than pulling the horn fuse.

Quick Reply: Durango beeps 3 times when opening the car