1st Gen Durango 1998 - 2003 Durango's

P0320 / p0725

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-2009, 09:34 AM
schh1
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default P0320 / p0725

I've read several posts on here regarding the P0320 / P0725 error codes. All posts i saw referred to either the crank or cam position sensors. I have a 2000 Durango with 4.7L engine, 94k miles and had these codes. Symptoms were drove ok one minute, started stuttering on the way home. As soon as i pulled in the driveway it stalled out. Had a VERY hard time to get it restarted, when i did, it had NO power, seemed like it was constantly bogging down. Check enigine light was also on.

I tried the crank and cam position sensors first with no success so i moved onto troubleshooting and found the end result for resolving the problem was a defective transmission speed sensor. (Oh btw...if you live up north and have to change the crank sensor, there's no wiggling or tapping it out...might as well get a drill bit and start hollowing it out until you can break it out piece by piece...yes you run some risks there, but there's NO gentile way to get them out if you've been driving in salt/sand/snow for years. I tried PB Blaster, dental picks, dremels etc...nothing broke enough rust free to get it out without hollowing it.)

Just wanted to share this with the group, something else to look into as I read several people who were having miscellaneous issues of the same sort and were still looking for help after changing the crank or cam position sensors. Happy repairing! I hope this saves someone some hassle!

Last edited by schh1; 09-15-2009 at 09:39 AM.
The following users liked this post:
koenig611@gmail.com (04-10-2022)
Old 09-15-2009, 12:23 PM
hydrashocker
Hall Of Fame
Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Welcome to the DF!

Thanks for your information and time! Hope to see you around!

Quick Reply: P0320 / p0725