1st Gen Durango 1998 - 2003 Durango's

auto locks dont work on gate.

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-2009, 04:28 PM
iicon3
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default auto locks dont work on gate.

ok i got a 98 d 5.2 4x4.when i hit the auto lock on the drivers side door all doors lock except the tail gate.what could be the issue???thanks in advance.

Old 09-27-2009, 01:31 AM
IndyDurango
Champion
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

The lock back there isn't working. Could be the linkage, could be the lock cylinder. corroded. Some folks have had success removing the panel and cleaning all around the lock really good. It gets corroded. Others have had to replace the lock.

I replaced mine at the thief-of-a-dealer we have near here. I didn't check the lock with the actual key... and it works with the remote but the losers didn't key it to the actual key. Now, the dealer won't fix it saying it wasn't brought to their attention before I left. Lesson learned.

Out of the 3 previous Chrysler vehicles I bought there ($100,000 worth of cars) their lack of customer service in the service department has cost them every last cent from any future Chrysler purchase. I make them jump though hoops on parts orders but will not buy new or allow one penny to go there on service ever again.

Check your key before you leave (not just the remote) if you have the lock replaced at the dealer.

IndyDurango

Last edited by IndyDurango; 09-27-2009 at 01:33 AM.

Quick Reply: auto locks dont work on gate.