1st Gen Durango 1998 - 2003 Durango's

Check Engine Light

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-2009, 11:44 PM
johny000
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Check Engine Light

hello guys is me again omg i just read the Thread
https://dodgeforum.com/forum/1st-gen...ine-light.html is reall good info thank you hydrashocker

ok the code i'm haveing is this

P1698 No CCD/J1850 Message From TCM/PCM
P1899 P/N Switch Stuck in Park or in Gear

i aso have one more code but is not reall clear
at look like this

so can you guys plezz me tell me what going on 3 of the code i'm geting ?

Old 09-29-2009, 10:29 AM
shrpshtr325
THE ULTI-MOD
Received 34 Likes on 32 Posts

the p done just indicates that there are no more codes it will ALWAYS be there

and if i had to guess i would say you have a 2000+ D w/ the 4.7l v8 and i would suggest checking wire connectors on the TCM and transmission since both codes are trans-related and one of them basically says no communication w/ tcm

and btw if you could confirm what year/engine/drivetrain/trans(if you know it) you have that would help us to determine what the problem could be
Thanks and HTH

Old 09-29-2009, 11:19 AM
johny000
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

is 2000 Dodge Durango SLT engine (4.7) 4x4 this all i know i hope this info will help you

Originally Posted by shrpshtr325
the p done just indicates that there are no more codes it will ALWAYS be there

and if i had to guess i would say you have a 2000+ D w/ the 4.7l v8 and i would suggest checking wire connectors on the TCM and transmission since both codes are trans-related and one of them basically says no communication w/ tcm

and btw if you could confirm what year/engine/drivetrain/trans(if you know it) you have that would help us to determine what the problem could be
Thanks and HTH

Last edited by johny000; 09-29-2009 at 12:22 PM.
Old 09-29-2009, 04:43 PM
shrpshtr325
THE ULTI-MOD
Received 34 Likes on 32 Posts

ok, since you have the 4.7, you have the 545rfe trans (i think its 545 either way its the only electronic one) so under the hood there should be two control units, one of them is the PCM and the other is the TCM check the wires running btwn them to make sure they havent been stripped or cut and shorted out(my dads old truck mice managed to get int here and chew up wires took us about a month to find out why lights/radio ect were going on/off on their own), and unplug each connector individually and plug it back in (so that you only have one connector unplugged at a time) for both control units, (the TCM should in front of the air box on the passenger side in your truck), then crawl underneath the truck and check any electrical connectors that you can find to make sure they are tight.

P.S. disconnect the negative battery terminal before you do this so that you dont leave any potential to damage the pcm/tcm w/ electric shocks/shorts

P.P.S. reset the PCM while you have the battery off to clear the codes, do this by holding the key to start for 30sec to a min with the battery disconnected and then start/stop the truck 3 times, on the third time go for a drive and see if the codes are still there or have come back up, this will also reset the parameters of the PCM/TCM so it will most likely drive a little differently than it did before.

Quick Reply: Check Engine Light