1st Gen Durango 1998 - 2003 Durango's

Sounds like BS to me ! - Tie rod

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2005, 12:51 AM
Warlock28m
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sounds like BS to me ! - Tie rod

Hey all,

First post here so bare with me. So I drop my POS 2000 Durango to get the ball joints fixed the other day and said to check and replace the front tie rods if needed. Six hours later they call me back and say that the ball joints are fixed but there is a big problem. The tie rods are shot. So I think “no big deal .. replace’em”. Then I was told that they DON’T MAKE tie rods ends and I would have to buy a whole new rack for $800.00 plus install. ?!?

Now maybe I didn’t understand and they meant to say the rack was shot but they didn’t go into any details and didn’t see to be too helpful when I didn’t believe that Dodge doesn’t make just a tie rod end.

I wanted to get a second opinion to see if this was in fact true or not. Sounds like a load of crap to me. If that’s the case I’ll set this pig on fire and get back in a Toyota. Previous to this issue I have decided to sell this vehicle anyways if anyone out there wants one.

Thanks,

Adam =)

Old 04-09-2005, 12:21 PM
DukeAPD
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Sounds like BS to me ! - Tie rod

http://search.ebay.com/durango-tie-r...fkrZ1QQfromZR8 tie rods ranging from $10 to $50

Quick Reply: Sounds like BS to me ! - Tie rod