1st Gen Durango 1998 - 2003 Durango's

help

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2005, 10:03 AM
4DGSR
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default help

I need help with an arguement with the warranty company. They are claiming that they are not going to cover my head because they claim the car overheated and that they do not cover overheating. When my gauges never showed signs of overheating.

Here is the situation. On Sunday, when driving home from Sacramento CA my 99 Durango started to feel like it was mis-firing and died on my 3 times. Each time it died, my uncle and I looked at all the gauges and one time, we popped open the hood to see if we could notice anything abnormal going on. We could not see anything so we thought it was a loose ground wire or bad plug. We continued to drive it home and made it home. The next day, I took it to the dealer and after a day, they noticed that the 8 cylinder had some issues with a bad spring and a bad freeze plug. They say that the bad freeze plug caused the head to crack. The warranty company does not want to cover the head because they say it was caused by an overheat.

Old 04-12-2005, 06:11 PM
dustyloins
R.I.P. Dusty (Retired Moderator
Hall of Fame Member
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: help

Time to get out your copy of the warranty and read it over very slowly. You might want to write a letter to the company requesting clarification of their argument. If you feel you have a case, write down the reasons why and contact a lawyer, many offer a free initial visit to evaluate your case.....