1st Gen Durango 1998 - 2003 Durango's

'Ol Coyote's at it again!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-2009, 09:53 AM
COYOTE102076
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question 'Ol Coyote's at it again!!!!

Well guys, I am new to this BRANCH of the forum. (Cant remember for sure when I joined, guess it will pop up when I make this post.)

Anywoooooooooo,
I just shook hands on a deal yesterday on a 2000 Durango with 175,XXX miles on it. I am going to roll the dice & take a gamble on this one.
We sold our 2007 Ram to get out from under those $500/mo payments.
But I like Dodge trucks, and this one showed up.

About the Durango:
It is an SLT+ with leather intereior and everything but a toothbrush & butwiper. I know the miles on it are exeptionaly high, but this truc is exeptionally clean! And it's a repo at that! Whoever they repo'd it from was taking realllllly good care of it, they just lost there job & had to let it go back. I have owned over 32 used cars over the past 16 years. (Most of them were bought just to fix up & resale & make some boot on.) I am telling you, this is one of the best looking 10 year old used anything's I have ever seen.
Maybe she wont blow up or puke a trans on me. I hope.
From the driver seat, it sounds like a new truck. The transmission shifts like a new truck. The steering is as tight as our '07 Ram was. Everything works exept one speaker & 1 blinker bulb that just went out. Tires are Firestone AT's with about 75% tread left on them.

I will do an overall service of the truck in a week or so before taking a 7 hour trip to Louisiana for Christmas in it.
Belts, hoses, oil & filter, Spectre air filter (Works every bit as good as a K&N at 1/2 the price!!!! I have one on my Isuzu Trooper )
Champion Truck Plugs. Undecided about changing the transmission fluid.
I heard they have an auxillary spin-on transmission filter, so I will most likely at least change that. Have 1 blinker bulb that just went out to change. Anything I have missed?

Oh, and if you were curious about it, the price was $4000.00. KBB is, even WITH the extreme high milage, $6200.00.

One final question? Does anybody have a 4.7L Durango with over 200,000 miles on it?
If so, are you on the orriginal engine & Transmission?
Just curious how long one of these would last. I am hopeing for 250,000 miles. I know of several Isuzu Troopers that have past 300,000 miles. (Mine has 156XXX)

Old 12-13-2009, 10:55 PM
hydrashocker
Hall Of Fame
Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

If you take care of it will last. Do a transmission filter (2) and fluid. In the trans there is a flat filter as normal and also a tiny spin on filter so it is not an auxillary. Only use ATF+4 fuild.

Old 12-14-2009, 07:07 PM
rebelboy
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

say a prayer

Quick Reply: 'Ol Coyote's at it again!!!!