1st Gen Durango 1998 - 2003 Durango's

98 5.2 lazy starter issue

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2010, 01:29 PM
shrpshtr325
THE ULTI-MOD
Received 34 Likes on 32 Posts

please do post pics, i would like to see how these truck handle plows

and while yes you can its not usually a good idea to mount a plow on a truck with independant front suspension, you usually want a full size truck w/ solid front axle and beefed up suspension to handle that beating that plowing will put on the truck jmho

Old 01-20-2010, 01:54 AM
k99ja04
Amateur
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by shrpshtr325
please do post pics, i would like to see how these truck handle plows

and while yes you can its not usually a good idea to mount a plow on a truck with independant front suspension, you usually want a full size truck w/ solid front axle and beefed up suspension to handle that beating that plowing will put on the truck jmho
Will do Sharp. I'll be honest the truck isn't happy about it, but she handles it. Driving around the streets with the plow raised, you can definately feel the weight in the steering wheel. I'm sure I'm just smoking those Moog ball joints. There is a lot of weight (500 lbs) on the "shnoz"! That being said, plowing with the D is a dream. 4 wheel low can pull a stump, and blast through a foot+ of fresh powder easily. I own 5 student rental properties (University town), and they are always clogged with cars (students love to party!). The shorter wheelbase of the D actually makes it easier to plow in tighter places.

I really want to snap daylight pics so I'm gonna try to get out of work during daylight hours this week. I know the work is demanding on my truck, but I'm sure there are plenty here that will echo my sentiments. If you to care of your ride... she'll take care of you! The Dodge engineers left plenty on the table, so I say Hell! Let's take advantage of it.

Quick Reply: 98 5.2 lazy starter issue