Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

how long did the hawk pads last you?

Old 01-13-2010, 08:16 PM
gr8scott72
Veteran

Originally Posted by mrwilliwizard
how long did the hawk pads last you?
Don't know. I put them on and then quit using the Durango for towing. They are still on there and do great for around town driving as well.

I also have them on my Excursion and tow HEAVY loads with it. They have been on for over 20k miles and are doing great. I have them on all four corners on the Excursion.

I took 3 loads of pine pulp wood to the mill today. I weighed in at 24,780 lbs first load, 20,940 on the second, and 16,880 on the third! Just my Excursion and the empty trailer is 11,880 lbs!

Old 01-13-2010, 08:29 PM
mrwilliwizard
Veteran

oh dang. nice.!! i might be getting a set of those. ive read good reviews. Hawk performance states they are really quiet. this true?

Old 01-13-2010, 09:54 PM
hydrashocker
Hall Of Fame
Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by Dans01Durango
I personally like the AZ duralast gold brake pads and valucraft rotors. + whatever on checking yoru rears at the same time.
I really like the DuarLast Gold Series pads as they are made of a ceramic/semi composite. They don't dust like Metalics or Ceramics and hold up better under towing, hard braking, and hill driving. As for rotors, a thick set or drilled but personally I just have the cheapo ones that were thick with no issues. Everyone I know that have them are VERY happy.

Old 01-13-2010, 10:21 PM
gr8scott72
Veteran

Originally Posted by mrwilliwizard
oh dang. nice.!! i might be getting a set of those. ive read good reviews. Hawk performance states they are really quiet. this true?
Yeah, very quiet. I can hear the trailer brakes before I hear the truck brakes. The SuperDuty do produce a good bit of dust but I didn't buy them to be pretty, I bought them to stop tons and tons of weight.

On the Excursion, the stock rear pads were good up to about 12k lbs towing in stop and go driving (Mississippi summer heat) and then the rears started smoking. Knew it was time to upgrade the rear pads.

Quick Reply: Time for some new brakes!