1st Gen Durango 1998 - 2003 Durango's

WTF?? no start

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2010, 12:47 PM
crate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default WTF?? no start

well got water pump replaced everything done back together, put coolant in it, went to back it out of garage. turned off to come help my son with his bike. went back 5 min laters to start and IT wouldn't.

All it does is turn over perfectly fine but no fire. has gas, has strong battery, checked all the fuses i could think off, checked the spark and its nice strong spark..checked all grounds on engine i could find. all okay..no error codes...nothing. Any idea as to what else to look at?

thanks in advance... it's a 98 5.2 no mods, bone stock

Old 01-24-2010, 05:05 PM
mrwilliwizard
Veteran

Is there air getting into the engine? See if something is clogging the throttle body. then Try pushing on the gas pedal a little bit to open up the throttle body while cranking.

Old 01-24-2010, 05:21 PM
crate

well went and bought new sparkplugs/wires/cap. Changed out the sparkplugs first. went and it fired right up. Thought cool, still amazes me that withint 5/10 min they work then they dont..

but got another problem every once in a will would get a pop from exhaust, not a backfire..just a pop while sitting or on throttle....anyways thouse it was because it's been sitting...when o drive after coolant was flowing fine, and it abou falls on its face, run rough and shimmsy...idels fine..

so i think somehow i screw up a plut wire, or messed one up when i pulled it off.. anyont diagrams to follow to verify each plug wire goes to correct plug?

Old 01-24-2010, 07:18 PM
hydrashocker
Hall Of Fame
Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

Firing order:

1-8-4-3-6-5-7-2

O the distributor it is marked with #1. From there just go clock wise in the following order listed above.

#1 is drivers side front so it goes straight back on drivers 1-3-5-7. On the passenger side front is #2 stright back 2-4-6-8.

Make sure you are running non platinum plugs. Stay with Champion Copper plus, Champion Truck, or Champion Iridium plugs only. Wires go with Mopar, Mopar Performance, or MSD wires only. Cap and Rotor go with brass contacts from your local auto parts store.

Old 01-24-2010, 08:29 PM
shrpshtr325
THE ULTI-MOD
Received 34 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by hydrashocker
Firing order:

1-8-4-3-6-5-7-2

O the distributor it is marked with #1. From there just go clock wise in the following order listed above.

#1 is drivers side front so it goes straight back on drivers 1-3-5-7. On the passenger side front is #2 stright back 2-4-6-8.

Make sure you are running non platinum plugs. Stay with Champion Copper plus, Champion Truck, or Champion Iridium plugs only. Wires go with Mopar, Mopar Performance, or MSD wires only. Cap and Rotor go with brass contacts from your local auto parts store.

i second this move

Old 01-25-2010, 11:23 PM
crate

Thanks for the help. somehow i had 1/3 plug wires flipped? never done that one before. anyways she running perfect right

Quick Reply: WTF?? no start