1st Gen Durango 1998 - 2003 Durango's

Just bought my Durango today

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2010, 04:36 PM
big_nasty
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Just bought my Durango today

Hey all, well I finally found my Durango. Just bought a 2000 with the 5.9, flowmaster exhaust, 31x10.50's, pretty clean throughout. Picked it up for a sweet lil deal under blue book value. Now just gotta figure out what to do first. Tryin to keep the budget low at first then invest some more over time. Any Ideas on what I can do with like $400. I am wantin to hold off on the T/S and body lift until I get my new tires and wheels. It's clearing the 31's nice now and recommendations on tire size with 5 more inches??

Old 01-29-2010, 05:20 PM
Dislander
Professional

well, you can take a look through my thread on the subject. shows on this same page. I have 33 1050's on mine with good results. as you look at the thread though bear in mind my rims are stock & most aftermarket ones have more neg offset. meaning you may rub even if set up like mine.

Personally I'm not a big fan of body lifts but they are a better choice if you are going to actually go off-road than the suspension lift kits. they are fragile, one brand tweaked from freeway braking alone.

with body lift & t/s shackle, you should be able to clear 33/12.50's but you will want to move the offset of the wheel neg to keep the wider tire from nailing the frame.

My advice lift it first & find a tire shop that is willing to do a couple of test fits before you commit. Different wheels & brands of tire are going to be unique size & offset wise. so, double check, triple check & check again. living with hard rubbing gets old quick.

You will find opinions on this subject vary. make the choice that best suits you.

Old 01-29-2010, 05:27 PM
Dislander
Professional

Oh, forgot. you can also purchase a re-indexed torsion-bar key. combine that with an add-a-leaf or airbags (my recommendation, I find the add-a-leafs stiffen up the ride too much) to gain another inch for a total of three.

If you add the extra inch you will need extended shocks, rancho has a fitment but I am going through the KYB book as I type & will post up part numbers for a shock better suited. Part number can be interchanged into any preferred brand but I want to be sure so I'll hold off till I have em on & working right.

Old 01-30-2010, 12:11 AM
hydrashocker
Hall Of Fame
Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

Welcome to the boards!

Old 02-01-2010, 11:59 AM
big_nasty

Thanks for the info i appreciate it

Quick Reply: Just bought my Durango today