1st Gen Durango 1998 - 2003 Durango's

Help with Durango 4-Wheel Drive Please

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2010, 09:00 PM
Lis60
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help with Durango 4-Wheel Drive Please

Hi Guys! I just found this site, and it looks like a Great place to find some much needed help I've got a 2000 Durango SLT~that I've had about 5 years now, and I still love it. We've been getting quite abit of snow here in Missouri lately though, and now I'm having a problem with my 4-WD....there isn't any. When I went to lock it in, there wasn't any difference in the traction, and I also noticed that the light on the dash didn't come on. It was also much easier to move the 4-WD "shift lever" than usual. I don't know anything about this type of thing~or anything about repairs for that matter~so I would really appreciate any info or ideas that anyone could give me about what the problem might be. (I'd be the perfect candidate to really "get taken" by a shady mechanic.) Is there any way that maybe the shift lever thing could have broken off from whatever it connects to? It used to be a little tough to get it to move, but everything worked great. I'm really hoping this isn't some huge expensive problem, so ANY help you could offer would be Very Appreciated! Thanks So Much! Lis

Old 02-14-2010, 10:27 AM
1969CoronetR/T
vaffanculo
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Please repost in the first generation Durango section as this is the general forum,
FF

Old 02-18-2010, 08:09 PM
panama red
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

your shifter linkage has popped off. climb under there and hook it back up.

Quick Reply: Help with Durango 4-Wheel Drive Please