1st Gen Durango 1998 - 2003 Durango's

Performance Mods 02 SXT.....

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2010, 03:20 AM
myshoeisonfire
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Guess I'm confused.. are you trying to say that you can't get over 900HP from a duramax?

Are people going to actually give some useful input here, or just pick apart symantics of how my posts are worded? I'm just looking for info! Not any arguments!

Old 02-27-2010, 03:35 AM
myshoeisonfire

http://www.hotrod.com/techarticles/e...sel/index.html

That's a starting point... banks only works on making things streetable.. and longer-life... you can easily go more than what their kits add... just won't last quite as long

Old 02-27-2010, 09:17 AM
shrpshtr325
THE ULTI-MOD
Received 34 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by myshoeisonfire
is what im hearing correct??!?.. that all the power has already been designed out of this engine? usually there's stuff you can do!! its not a freakin honda after all! lol V8's RARLEY have ALL the power from the factory :^)

im not opposed to swapping out the cams, also on these gas motors, is there any benefit to running a modded/chip / programmer?

Do the 4.7's deal with a supercharger ok? or should i look for another motor?

how about the actual plastic main intake manifold..? any benefit on changing that out?

***** GM refrence alert***

Usually on the chevy TPI 5.7L I swap out to 14# injectors (12# come stock)and custom write a program chip for the computer.... the computer on GM cars allows you to do this.... never played around with dodge before...

the 2002 Durango works well for me - and I have no intention of switching to a different vehicle, or year.. I do government work, and all the equipment I have is specially designed for this year / model - that being said... I am not worried about meeting emissions, or spending some money!!

I have been toying with the idea of swapping in a Durmax - (950HP sounds good to me!)

thanks for any thoughts!!!!
-Dan
all the power is not even close to being out of this engine, hell the new 4.7 makes 310 hp, but the aftermarket is scarce at best for this engine, there were cams out there for it, there is someone in the 3rd gen dak section that put a supercharger on his 4.7 (i believe his handle is blown287). and replacing the plastic intake manifold with a Cold Air Intake is possible, how much it actually gains you is up for debate, but if you get a good one from k&n which a cleanable/oil-able filter you will never need to buy another air filter for the truck

Old 03-01-2010, 03:06 PM
myshoeisonfire

cool.. thanks for info! ill do come searching around :^)

Quick Reply: Performance Mods 02 SXT.....