1st Gen Durango 1998 - 2003 Durango's

99Durango--No power to right-side windows

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2005, 02:38 PM
jmartin8310
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 99Durango--No power to right-side windows

I have no power to right-front or right-rear windows in my 99 Durango. The switches are good, and the windows can be operated from the driver's master console. There is a wire (solid yellow) that should supply power but does not, and I can't find where it connects under the dash. All windows are controlled by the ignition switch and are behind a circuit breaker on the fuse panel, but I can't find it there. Does anyone have a wiring diagram or any experience with this problem. I have not yet taken the driver's door panel off to see if it connects at the master console because I can't imagine why it would.

Thanks for your help.

Old 06-11-2005, 12:42 AM
cknsc
Default RE: 99Durango--No power to right-side windows

I had the same problem and I fixed it with duck tape. Pull your door panel off (drivers side) and you will see a black box that connects the wires and there is a little red latch at the top of the box that is faulty. If you reach down and push the female and male sides of the box together your windows will work, but after a day or so it will again pop out. I went in with duck tape and taped the box up and haven't had the problem since. Don't ask me how if the box isn't completely tight the left windows will work but the right ones won't, all I know is that damn box in the drivers door is the problem. Good luck..

CK

Old 06-11-2005, 01:08 AM
JCswm
Veteran

Ok.... let me think..... the switch in the drivers door sends signals to the drivers door module as to what window you want to go up or down..... the drivers door 'puter sends a signal over the PCI bus that an open/close command for a passenger side window has been received.... the pass front door modiule receives a front/rear window open/close command and if it's the rear window open/close..... a signal is sent to the RR window to go up or down!!
True story..... wanna talk about CCD, PCI, SCI, CAN A and CAN B communications???? I know a little!

Old 06-11-2005, 01:20 AM
cknsc

Ummm Yeah JC now I know how the drivers side "black box" effects the rest of the windows.. Thanks for the info. By the way, duck tape works too. lol...

Old 06-11-2005, 01:25 AM
JCswm
Veteran

Sorry, I'll shut-up.

Good luck!!

Old 06-11-2005, 01:34 AM
cknsc

LOL.. knowledge is a good thing and trust me I can't wait for someone to ask me how it all works .. Keep it up man..

ck

Old 06-11-2005, 01:42 AM
JCswm
Veteran

ok.... Just how does it all work????
I've got this image in my mind of 14(?) computers in a durango all chatting togeather trying to figure out what's best for me!!!

Quick Reply: 99Durango--No power to right-side windows