1st Gen Durango 1998 - 2003 Durango's

Blower Motor Bad? Replaced Resistor and Relay

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2010, 06:52 PM
mickinirvine
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Blower Motor Bad? Replaced Resistor and Relay

Okay, I have a 99 Durrango. The heater/defroster/AC just does not work. I was certain through a lot of input and advice that I got here that my blower motor resistor was bad. I switched it out and was quite proud of the job I did (thanks to the help I got here)! Unfortunately my efforts did not fix the problem.

So, I looked in the fuse box and saw the blower relay and changed that too. Still nothing. So I guess i am left to assume that the motor itself is bad. Does this sound right?

If so where is it? Will I have to take the entire front of the truck apart to get to it? Has anyone had a similar experience? Any input and help is always apreciated! Thanks as always!

Old 03-04-2010, 07:14 PM
CudaVert
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm sure I'm wrong. Usually am, hehe. But, maybe its the Heater Control in the dash?

Old 03-04-2010, 10:25 PM
shrpshtr325
THE ULTI-MOD
Received 34 Likes on 32 Posts

the best way to test the motor is to try and jump it to a live dc line and see if it starts, but im not sure wheather the fan is 5 or 12v, start out by checking for any loose grounds, if you ever replaced the heater or evap cores you might have a loos ground behind the dash, also check the fuses in the driverside end of the dash (inside the doorjam)

Quick Reply: Blower Motor Bad? Replaced Resistor and Relay