1st Gen Durango 1998 - 2003 Durango's

Complete Transmission Rebuild $2900

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2010, 09:46 PM
thomsonc
Amateur
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Complete Transmission Rebuild $2900

My transmission failed completely on me at 101K miles, the front solenoids apparently failed and caused a bunch of metal damage throughout the transmission, metal shavings and everything. We were lucky to even get it to the transmission shop without having to have it towed.

In any event, it sure is smooth now and we're getting 1mpg more. I paid $2900.00, is that an average price for a complete rebuild? They said they updated all the components in transmission at the same time from the 2000 technology that was in there. What are your thoughts?

Old 03-14-2010, 01:25 AM
IndyDurango
Champion
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

"from 2000 technology" LOL. so the parts were new... as they were supposed to be. They were making themselves look good with that statement and instead look silly.

I see they added a transgo kit. Not factory. Pull better? Make sure you find out what fluid to use with their parts. Factory parts would be ATF+4 but my money is on they used their house blend on their parts. Not a bad thing, just saying. The +4 would have provided better advantages especially in a brand new setup.

Price was about right. Maybe a tad low actually. I always have an issue with $1400 in labor for a 8 hour job. They are not worth $175 per hour. No one is outside of a surgeon.

IndyDurango

Quick Reply: Complete Transmission Rebuild $2900