1st Gen Durango 1998 - 2003 Durango's

Strange (electrical in nature)

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2010, 02:34 PM
dvenn
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Strange (electrical in nature)

I have tried searching and browsing the forums, so i apologize if this is a double post..

I have a 01 Durango 4x4

I started having some weirdness happening, that I am struggling nailing down what the issue is exactly.

First occurrence was getting in starting her up and noticing I was in 4H.. I typically run in 2H and don't leave 4H on. So I parked it and drove another car that day

I got in the next day, and everything seemed fine. So I drove it and had no obvious issues.

the next day I get in and the battery is too weak to turn the truck over.. I checked all possible sources of stupidity (me leaving something on), So I hook it to charger and head to work again in the 'other car'.

Come home, fire the truck off and it starts without a hiccup, but transmitter isn't working for locks or anti theft.. go back to truck and test power locks, no go, no power windows either..

Next morning, Weak battery again, but windows and locks work (so does transmitter.

the radio is intermittent, while changing channels it would go blank, or not work

I'm sure it has something to do with a 'controller' computer.. I have the hayes manual, but can't seem to locate where to even start..

I charged it two days ago, yesterday i took it out and it seemed good, drove 5 miles one 1, parked it for 2 hours, got in and it started just fine. Drove it home and while changing channels on the radio it would just go blank but then come back..

this morning, battery was low again, but i was able to get it started but it would not stay running..

help...

Thanks in advance for the help

Old 04-09-2010, 11:00 PM
shrpshtr325
THE ULTI-MOD
Received 34 Likes on 32 Posts

the keys (transmitters), locks and windows not working and the radio being in and out sounds to me like a ctm going out, that could also cause a short which would drain the battery, only thing im not sure on being connected to that is the t-case light changing, IMO you need to look into replacing the CTM its located in the drive side kick panel but it is necessary for the dealer to program it

Old 04-10-2010, 12:43 AM
hydrashocker
Hall Of Fame
Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

+1

Sounds like CTM (Central Timing Module) and it's more of a dealership $450 bill. Take both your key fobs in so they can program then into your new CTM.

Old 04-10-2010, 12:55 PM
dvenn
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for the quick responses.. guess I'm headin to the shop

At least I'll have my truck back and can park that "other car"

thanks again

Quick Reply: Strange (electrical in nature)