1st Gen Durango 1998 - 2003 Durango's

A/C Blower Motot Resistor?

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-2010, 01:24 PM
JohnS_97
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default A/C Blower Motot Resistor?

Being that it is extremely hot here in South Texas, I have noticed that the blower motor speeds do not seem to blow enough air. The first setting is barely noticeable at all; almost as if it was not on at all. The next setting is just a bit more air. The third and fourth seem way underpowered in comparison to my wifes car (nissan altima). It seems that in her car the second setting throws about the same air as my highest setting. Since I have read numerous posts about similar problems on 2001 and newer models, I was wondering if this was something that that 2000 and older models also encounter often. I believe the blower motor resistor is underneath the wiper cowl and not in the same location as the 2001 models. The price for the resistor is also much more than the one indicated for the 2001 and newer models. Has anyone with 2000 and older model experience this same situation, If so did replacing your resistor give you the much needed blower motor speed to move some air through the vehicle? Thanks in advance. Melting here in this Texas heat.

Old 06-21-2010, 06:04 PM
45AutoPete
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Durango's are not known to blow out as hard as cars or other vehicles. I have a 2002 4wd and 2003 2wd, the 2003 does blow harder than the 2002 which I do not understand either and all speeds do work. You can try to replace the resistor and see if that helps but also realize that it will never move as much air as your wife's car will.

Old 06-22-2010, 11:02 AM
hydrashocker
Hall Of Fame
Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Could be the floor door to panel door. If it is open a little then it would blow on your foot and not blow out the vents as hard. I have seen Drangos have that issue many times. If you have actuators ensure they are properly seating. 2000-2003 I think have electric actuators where the 1998-1999 have vacuum actuators.

Quick Reply: A/C Blower Motot Resistor?