1st Gen Durango 1998 - 2003 Durango's

upgrading performance

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2004, 08:09 PM
dave wright
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default upgrading performance

Hi I am a new menber and have a 5.9 2002 dodge rt durango. Interested in what ram air and also performance chips would do. I have read quite a bit about it not being so good on the performance chip. Just interested in who has done it and what success you have had. Dave

Old 03-03-2004, 08:22 PM
Vader
Champion
Default RE: upgrading performance

Dave, welcome to the site. I have a Ram 1500 QC with a 5.9. The engine needed a little extra umph hauling around 5600lbs. I bought a superchip micro max tuner and love it. As the weather gets nicer, I will have it Dyno'ed. Also I custome made an intake and added a Gibson Swept Side exhaust. Those additions have made a tremendous improvement. I can spin the wheels all day along now. When I don't abuse it, I even get better mpg.

Old 03-03-2004, 08:43 PM
dave wright

Thanks Vader. what about the ram air. what is the best product. I was told that a person can get better fuel milage with it. I pull a 19ft boat during the summer so will be interestin. Especially if I decide to go over the mountains. I live out side of Denver

Old 03-03-2004, 08:50 PM
Vader
Champion

I did a little research using google on the Ram Air and the average gains are from 7 to 9 hp which is pretty standard. however with your altitude and pulling a boat, you may not see any mpg gains.

Quick Reply: upgrading performance