1st Gen Durango 1998 - 2003 Durango's

Oh Deer, Bumper trouble!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2010, 11:17 PM
Dr.G
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The old switch should still be able to work, shouldn't it? I'm planning on running the 3000k HID's (Yellow; better for bad weather conditions) for fog lights and then 8000k HID's for my clear smoked head lights, but that has no place in this thread.

Old 10-20-2010, 11:54 PM
IndyDurango
Champion
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Like the front bumpers, the bracket/style on the later year Durango fogs is different from the originals. Can work but I would get the right year. Check eBay or the DOC. I posted a thread there on the entire boxed kit for adding fogs when you didn't have them as factory originals. Comes with lights, brackets, bulbs, new dash switch and the wiring harness. It made it easy to go back to factory fogs after running "other things" for a few years. Just didn't need to use the wiring harness. You need to get the package fitting your model year grouping (98-00 or 01-03) to get the bracket and correct switch to match. The interiors on the dash changed completely from 00 to 01.

As for the rear bumper, it is under the rear bumper cover and is the same for all Gen1s. Nothing changed there that I am aware of.

IndyDurango

Quick Reply: Oh Deer, Bumper trouble!!