1st Gen Durango 1998 - 2003 Durango's

Intermediate steering shaft.....

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2010, 10:37 PM
siw1978
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Intermediate steering shaft.....

I have a 2002 durango RT 5.9. The steerng is knocking like **** evertime I go over a bump and have been told the intermediate steering shaft has failed. I have had a quote from the stealers for $262 CAD. I cannot seem to source on on line for the life of me.

Des anyone know where I can get one of these without going through the dealers. I have tried your standard parts places online but they don't seem to stock the part... I am in Canada and can't find one here and struggle to find a US company to ship here.....

Part 2-

I have a rattle coming from the engine whenever I ease of the accelerator just before the gearbox changes down. It only seem to do it when the engine is warm. It does it also if put my foot down and then ease off slightly. Anyone any idea's??

Thanks

Simon

Old 10-20-2010, 11:01 PM
shrpshtr325
THE ULTI-MOD
Received 34 Likes on 32 Posts

check rockauto.com, they have all sorts of stuff, just have to look for it (not always easy to categorize stuff IMO)

check the accelerator cable and the kick down cable (the cables ont he tb really) see if any of them have loosened up over time)

Quick Reply: Intermediate steering shaft.....