1st Gen Durango 1998 - 2003 Durango's

Will turn off when i take foot off gas

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-2010, 02:04 PM
seansmink
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Will turn off when i take foot off gas

the other day i started my dodge durango 2003 slt 2 wheel drive. Drove to gas station and filled up. Wh en i turned my truck one it died right away like the battery was dead. Tried a second time and it started, put into drive steped on gas and i moved when i took my foot off the gas and put onto brake it just died. I got it back to my house by keping my foot on gas even when stoped. What could be wrong it will turn over and start but once you give it gas then stop it turns off. Thank you for any info.

Last edited by seansmink; 11-12-2010 at 02:49 PM.
Old 11-12-2010, 03:36 PM
corey4x4man

mine is doing the same... But Im sure my bat is toasted. I hope replacing the batt fixes issue.

Old 11-12-2010, 04:26 PM
shrpshtr325
THE ULTI-MOD
Received 34 Likes on 32 Posts

either a bad battery, or the IAC motor which is on the back of the throttle body, the battery is probably more likely this time of year, the cold tends to stress them a bit much

Old 11-12-2010, 10:24 PM
seansmink

I live in FL. When i took the cover off the throttle body i saw that my vacuum hose was cracked at top and bottom just to see i taped it up and the problem went away to a degree i could step on gas take foot of and it would stay on, I'm going out in the morning to get a new hose and pcv also a battery because it is time. If that dose not fix it then i will replace the IAC thank you for your thoughts.

Old 12-08-2010, 02:28 PM
02durangosxt

i had a 91 mitsubishi elclipse gsx all wheel drive turbo, and it did that same thing. but much more of a pain in the *** to keep it running as it was a standard tranny. it will start and as soon as you let your foot off the gas it dies. i spent like $1000 bucks trying to fix it, replaced the catalytic converter, the throttle position sensor and other random stuff that i thought might be causing it. then just for the hell of it, i started checking all my fuses in the vehicle and it ended up being a damn .05 cent fuse. start with the stupid stuff first!!

Old 12-08-2010, 09:18 PM
hydrashocker
Hall Of Fame
Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

LMAO!

Been there done that!

Quick Reply: Will turn off when i take foot off gas