1st Gen Durango 1998 - 2003 Durango's

New Durango and Oh ****!

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-2010, 06:41 PM
boneyabba
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Dunno what you searched on Biff- that is not what I am seeing at all.

Dealerguy was pretty cool about things on the phone this morning and asked me to take it down to the shop he uses. I burned a second AAA tow for that and then went on a test drive with the mechanic. Car made the bad noises for him so that was good.

After they put it on the rack the mechanic said it was a bad hub on that wheel- does not seem to think there is a problem with the brakes. I am guessing this means that maybe the wheel tilting from the hub caused the weird brake behavior?

Anyway, Dealerguy offered to split the bill with me- which seems fair given that neither of us thought there was an issue when I bought the car. Maybe he knew something and is getting away with it- but it "felt right" to me.

Thoughts?

Hopefully I am asking dumb questions about fun projects soonest!

Old 12-30-2010, 08:16 PM
a_few_miles2go

Originally Posted by boneyabba
Dunno what you searched on Biff- that is not what I am seeing at all.

Dealerguy was pretty cool about things on the phone this morning and asked me to take it down to the shop he uses. I burned a second AAA tow for that and then went on a test drive with the mechanic. Car made the bad noises for him so that was good.

After they put it on the rack the mechanic said it was a bad hub on that wheel- does not seem to think there is a problem with the brakes. I am guessing this means that maybe the wheel tilting from the hub caused the weird brake behavior?

Anyway, Dealerguy offered to split the bill with me- which seems fair given that neither of us thought there was an issue when I bought the car. Maybe he knew something and is getting away with it- but it "felt right" to me.

Thoughts?

Hopefully I am asking dumb questions about fun projects soonest!

Personally, getting them to pay half the bill is better than nothing at all or going though a long battle that could turn into a court thing. Maybe hes getting away with something or maybe he was honest and didn't know you will never know... most important thing is that your truck is getting fixed and you can cut your losses and move on.

Old 12-30-2010, 09:44 PM
Fox Fader
Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

While they are in there make sure the ball joints and tie rods are good to go.

Old 12-30-2010, 10:03 PM
MoparMan1991
Record Breaker
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yeah definitely have em check those joints, there was a recall on the durangos bc the ball joints just shattered and the wheel popped off.

Old 12-30-2010, 10:57 PM
boneyabba

gack!

Did not read this stuff till the truck was home- but, its okay, I will be under there lots.

I brought the dead hub home- will inspect it tomorrow I hope. Couple more goofy holiday schedule days then I can really dig into the truck and learn about it.

Thanks again for all the help- see you guys in other posts!

Old 12-31-2010, 01:09 AM
hydrashocker
Hall Of Fame
Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

Take it in to a shop and pay the man to tell you whats wrong with it before you loose control of the truck. You can chose to fix it after that or have them fix it.

Also, I can't see your eyes in that photo, why?

Quick Reply: New Durango and Oh ****!