1st Gen Durango 1998 - 2003 Durango's

Where to find fuel Filler and Vent Hose

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2011, 03:11 PM
00Rango
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Where to find fuel Filler and Vent Hose

So my fuel pump went out and I am in the process of replacing it. When I was dropping the tank I cut the old fuel filler and vent hoses that run from the filler neck tubes to the tank (about 14" of 1" and 11/16" hose). I wasn't thinking that it would be hard to locate these hoses but no one has them, auto part stores or dealers. They appear to be molded hose but at this point I am just looking to get straight hose. I can probably get away with a 3/4" on the vent but I am finding nothing in the 1" size, not even in the marine industry.

The dealer told me "these never go bad" so there are no replacements available, is this possible?

Old 02-01-2011, 05:35 PM
shrpshtr325
THE ULTI-MOD
Received 33 Likes on 31 Posts

no it is not possible that hoses never go bad, you should be fine with just straight fuel rated hose to replace them, just make sure it is flexible enough that you can work it around whatever is there and that it does not touch any moving parts when you are finished.

if you cut the fuel filler neck itself the dealer SHOULD sell that, if not your best bet will be a junkyard.

Old 02-01-2011, 08:48 PM
IndyDurango
Champion
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

+1. Junkyard

Idea: Get a Haynes Manual

IndyDurango

Old 02-02-2011, 07:17 AM
00Rango

Thanks for th replies. I thought about going to the salvage yard but I did find a supplier of 1" ID fuel hose so I am going to try to do it with that. We'll see how it turns out.

Old 02-02-2011, 02:28 PM
coreybv
Veteran

Originally Posted by IndyDurango
Absolutely.

I've had either a Haynes or Chiltons manual for every vehicle I've owned since I started driving 25 some years ago. It's well worth the price just to have all the torque specs and such within easy reach, let alone step by step instructions on just about any repair you need to make.

These days definitely go with Haynes. Chiltons has started sucking pretty bad in recent years.

Old 02-02-2011, 11:04 PM
hydrashocker
Hall Of Fame
Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by IndyDurango

Dude let me first say, you shouldn't have cut something unless you have the parts first!

Anyway, NAPA might have fuel compatible hosing so check there but you will have to match up the size and not type. Second you could head to a junk yard.

Old 02-03-2011, 08:08 AM
00Rango

Yea, I actually have the haynes book its was helpful when I was tearing this thing down. I never considered that fuel hose would be difficult to find seems like an off the shelf part so I didn't think twice about cutting it figured it would be better to replace 11yr old hose anyway. Oh well I found some that will work so I should be up and running this evening. Thanks for the replies.

Quick Reply: Where to find fuel Filler and Vent Hose