1st Gen Durango 1998 - 2003 Durango's

Power steering pump possibilty

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2011, 01:33 AM
oklahomafbody
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Power steering pump possibilty

Ive been fighting a power steering leak for a while. Replaced the pressure hose and took care of most of it. Well its gradually been getting worse and worse obviously, so I bought the other two hoses to go ahead and replace as well. While changing the wheel bearing the other day I was looking around up in there waiting on a tool to be brought over, and Im pretty sure the leak is from the pump to resevoir seal or front seal. I have an extra pump from one of my old Camaros, its a brand new pump, and it so far looks identical except the location of the return line and bend of that line. Not sure why its in a different spot but I have enough hose so thats not an issue. I've pulled up pictures of both online without the pulley on and they look like an exact match as far as bolt holes and everything. I know its a GM pump, so thats a given.

My question, does anybody know if the shaft is the same size so I can swap pulleys, and are the bolt holes the same thread size? Any reason why the location on the pump for the return line would make any difference or problem?

Quick Reply: Power steering pump possibilty