1st Gen Durango 1998 - 2003 Durango's

can someone look under there hood and tell me where this goes ?

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2011, 06:13 PM
shrpshtr325
THE ULTI-MOD
Received 34 Likes on 32 Posts

ya guys know what? i got ya all beat, i can fix ANYTHING with only 2 tools!, duct tape, and WD-40

Old 03-08-2011, 09:47 AM
bowhuntmaine
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by shrpshtr325
ya guys know what? i got ya all beat, i can fix ANYTHING with only 2 tools!, duct tape, and WD-40
LOL....i'll see your wd-40 and raise you a coathanger. Not only can you use it as an exhaust hanger but you can braze with it too.

Old 03-08-2011, 10:40 AM
WhiteWidow00
Record Breaker

Yes true a coat hanger does come in handy, but how often do you have a coat hanger hanging around in the D? I'm not sure about you but I think it was only a couple of times that I was picking up a tux for my wedding.

Shrp, I totally agree and that is why my 2 main tools of the trade that are located in my rear tool box are a roll of duct tape and a can of WD-40, which BTW comes with a straw attached so you don't keep losing the damn straw!

I also keep on handy a can of brake cleaner and all the necessary fluids (and both a 12ga Mossberg 500 and a 9mm Glock 19 out of sight) so in case anything happens in the future, I should be good to go!

Old 03-08-2011, 11:22 AM
shrpshtr325
THE ULTI-MOD
Received 34 Likes on 32 Posts

damn, i gotta get me a carry permit so i can start hanging out w/ the big boys and their travel gear

Old 03-08-2011, 11:37 AM
Dans01Durango
Record Breaker
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by WhiteWidow00
(and both a 12ga Mossberg 500 and a 9mm Glock 19 out of sight) so in case anything happens in the future, I should be good to go!
Now THOSE are the tools we all need!

Old 03-08-2011, 11:43 AM
WhiteWidow00
Record Breaker

It's very nice to have in the event something would arise because 9/10 I'm in my D rather than the Ram and if something is gonna happen, it's gonna happen while I'm towing something in the truck.

As for the duct tape fixing anything, funny story just got back from helping a buddy out that couldn't figure out what was wrong with his engine. Got there and it was overheating horribly he said and the upper radiator hose was cracked and splurging out fluid on the ground. A few wraps of duct tape fixed that and that problem was fixed.

Filled the radiator up with fluid from my truck and noticed a leak near the transmission cooler line attachment and did a tape up job there and luckily I have some spare fluid to fill up the transmission fluid and put it in and ran like a charm. Granted it's not a long term fix by ANY means, however saved him a couple bucks that he might have needed a tow and saved his engine for now.

Not sure if that was all, but he said he took it to the shop and they're working on it now!

Dan, indeed those are the tools anybody needs for that just in case moment nobody can ever guess is coming.

Old 03-08-2011, 11:48 AM
Dans01Durango
Record Breaker
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Better to have it and not need it than need it and not have it!

Old 03-08-2011, 11:12 PM
hydrashocker
Hall Of Fame
Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

NOW!!! We're going red neck!!!!!

Balin twine and duct tape is an exclusive product!.....LMFAO

Originally Posted by shrpshtr325
damn, i gotta get me a carry permit so i can start hanging out w/ the big boys and their travel gear
You wanna be one part of the #1 exclusive clubs.......huh, it takes unused useful brain cells.

Add alcohol, lil back yard know how, a lil sticky with rope, and voila!!!!!!! A life of solitude.

Old 03-11-2011, 12:05 AM
stratuser

Just wondering if you found a solution to your problem yet?

Old 03-11-2011, 12:22 AM
12HILLBILLY
Rookie

well...... yeah i plugged the hising noise at the nipple with a rubber plug.... the line itself looks like it is smassed in between the valvecover and gasket.... no idea where the rubber end peace is that plugs on the nipple part where it is supossed to go... could be in with the valve cover for all i know.... after all the money i just had to put in my truck i am just glad its running goood...this thing has got me nervous to mess with it again ... its beeen running good for about a week or 2 i wanna keep it that way...... although it is squeelin bad due to a belt that i am going to buy in the next day or 2...... just replaced the tensioner pully today that was also making noise... it s one thing after another with this truck.... im just going to fix the belt noise and drive it for a bit... if it breaks again bad i am going to get rid of it.... i bought it for 5,500 its got 130,000 miles on it... i got it this past summer.. i sitll owe like 4,000 on it... and i already had to put 1,650 into it. from the headgaskets to the rear end pinion bearings shot....... then the timing chains and the tensioners making the 3 different timing chains make slapplin noises.. its finally running good for now....... i think

Last edited by 12HILLBILLY; 03-11-2011 at 12:31 AM.

Quick Reply: can someone look under there hood and tell me where this goes ?