1st Gen Durango 1998 - 2003 Durango's

how to replace windor regular w/ motor?

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2011, 12:43 AM
cvc7chris
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default how to replace windor regular w/ motor?

2002 durango

the door in my moms durango is messed up. i took the door panel off and it looks like the plastic things on the window regular are messed up. i wanna know whats the easiest way to replace it? i ordered a new regulator w/ motor off ebay, but i looked for a DIY but didn't find any. i'm sure someone has done this before and could maybe walk me through the process. Thanks have a great day!

Old 03-04-2011, 03:26 AM
RunnerMatt
Rookie

It is fairly easy and straightforward. There is a video on here somewhere, but idk where. I see you already got the panel off, which is a good start. After that just peel back the waterproofing, lower the window down so the holes align with the screws and then remove the two screws securing the glass to the regulator. Then just work the window glass out without dropping it. If you tilt it one way or the other you can work it out through the top fairly easy. Then just remove the two screws on top and two on bottom of the regulator, then the three screws holding the motor on the door. (they are all right there on the door, you should be able to find them very easily) Then maneuver it out of the big hole in the bottom of the door. Then I would suggest laying it on the ground next to the new one so you can see how it lines up. Then install is the reverse of what you did. O, and if the cables for the new regulator are hanging freely, a couple of zip ties fixes it real quick.

Old 03-04-2011, 07:21 AM
samnbensdad
Captain

You don't have to remove the glass from the door. Place a small block of wood under the glass to keep it from dropping to the bottom of the door.
It's an easy replacement. The toughest parry is removing the panel and trim without breaking anything... You're half way there.

Old 03-04-2011, 08:18 AM
Mastec
Professional

x3 on being easy.

samnbensdad is right, no need to remove the glass.

Remove a few bolts, pull out the old regulator and put in the new. Tighten the bolts and you're done.

Old 03-04-2011, 11:27 PM
cvc7chris

ok guys. i should be getting regulator and motor soon. so i'll keep ya posted. it's just the cables that drive the window up and down, i didn't know if i had to run any wires or w/e i was confused

Quick Reply: how to replace windor regular w/ motor?