1st Gen Durango 1998 - 2003 Durango's

Rear diff leak

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2011, 11:10 PM
shrpshtr325
THE ULTI-MOD
Received 34 Likes on 32 Posts

that is ridiculous, why wont they send you that information hmmmm. . . . i wonder . . .

Old 03-26-2011, 11:18 PM
hydrashocker
Hall Of Fame
Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by WhiteWidow00
I've trusted Mobil with my most important fluids they carry

Well, I've done the tests personally and all I can say is that the product (Mobil One Products) does what it states!

Old 03-26-2011, 11:29 PM
hydrashocker
Hall Of Fame

Originally Posted by shrpshtr325
that is ridiculous, why wont they send you that information hmmmm. . . . i wonder . . .
What I don't get is they could send me that information electronically, however they won't? That right there is BS!

What this issue is that they don't wanna have an electronic version on the web. So they want me to get off my lazy **** and walk in there to get the MSDS sheet (which they are legally obligated to give) and type it in or scan it. What about the freckin grandma laws?

Anyway, I'm going to get that piece of freakin paper and post it up all over the web and I'm gunna find out who makes it (which is the point). Why they won't send it to me like they are supposed to?

Old 03-27-2011, 09:36 AM
shrpshtr325
THE ULTI-MOD
Received 34 Likes on 32 Posts

idk, however if you get it and scan it in, let me know ill be happy to put it up for you if you dont have a place to host it yourself

Old 03-27-2011, 11:37 AM
WhiteWidow00
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey hydra, I now work in the service center of a Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep dealership and IIRC it is Castrol under the name of Mopar. I know as a fact nothing we use is under the name of Lucas Oil and I know as a fact nobody in the service center uses anything with Lucas.

Originally Posted by atthewmartin114
...ill spend the $12 at the dealer and i only use lucas 90w.
We only carry Mopar brand at our dealership and I know as a fact we don't carry 90w differential fluid. We also put factory spec weight fluids in the vehicle and not 90w in a Durango. The Durango calls for 75w-90, not to mention I've never heard of a 90w differential gear lube. The only thing I've ever heard of a 90w being is a Manual Transmission gear lube, which is two completely different ball games we're playing here. We use many different weights so we don't use one specific weight.

Last edited by WhiteWidow00; 03-27-2011 at 02:11 PM.
Old 03-27-2011, 02:48 PM
Mean Green
Champion
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Widow, I think he was referring to the friction modifier.

You could always try gasket eliminator. That stuff works great. We use it on all of our transmissions that we rebuild and differential installs. The only problem you will have with that stuff is breaking the seal when it is time to change the oil again.

Old 03-27-2011, 03:46 PM
WhiteWidow00
Record Breaker

Oh, well for the Limited Slip Additive/Friction Modifier we use BG, not Lucas. This is also the brand fuel treatment we put in the fuel tank for fuel system cleaning.

Old 03-28-2011, 11:03 PM
hydrashocker
Hall Of Fame

Well let me set the stage!

Mopar Friction Modifier "supposed" to the be BEST Friction Modifier available on the market today. What I wanted to know was the brand in which is was made, seeing how BG Company: http://www.bgprod.com/home.html makes it I'd like to go further into the chemicals themselves.

Widow, can you get the MSDS sheet for the Friction Modifier and post it?

BTW<----- Good to know that Castrol is Mopar's Oil company!

Old 03-28-2011, 11:31 PM
WhiteWidow00
Record Breaker

Sure hydra no problem I'll get a print out from the service manager there and scan it so I can post it up here tomorrow. I also did a check in back and yes it's confirmed the lube oil is in fact Castrol. Also FYI we are now carrying Mobil 1 FS 10w-30 to customers who request the premium synthetic oil change.

I'm not sure if this is a nationwide thing but we do have Mobil 1 as of today. This is included with a Mopar filter of course but I thought it was interesting.

We do the fill with it straight from the jug too, so it's not the bulk stuff we get from a hose in the ceiling.

Old 03-29-2011, 11:43 AM
hydrashocker
Hall Of Fame

Originally Posted by WhiteWidow00
Also FYI we are now carrying Mobil 1 FS 10w-30 to customers who request the premium synthetic oil change.

I'm not sure if this is a nationwide thing but we do have Mobil 1 as of today. This is included with a Mopar filter of course but I thought it was interesting.

We do the fill with it straight from the jug too, so it's not the bulk stuff we get from a hose in the ceiling.
WOW!!!!!

That's nice to know! Whats the cost?

Quick Reply: Rear diff leak