1st Gen Durango 1998 - 2003 Durango's

Newbie from Ohio

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2011, 11:30 AM
DrewsDurango98
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Newbie from Ohio

Hello my name is Andrew I live near Bowling Green, Ohio. I just got my first Durango the other day, and I have always been a fan of forums so I had to join. Its a 1998 SLT with a 360. has aftermarket exhaust.(silverline). the truck is pretty much loaded, leather, power everything, 3rd row seating.Anyways I am pretty knowledgeable about cars and trucks like most of you, but I am not so much with the lifts and offroad parts. I was wondering if you guys (and girls) could help me out. I can tell my truck has a little bit of a lift but I have no idea what kind it is. Also the tires on it are 33x12.50 the guy told me that they are stock size, is that true? I took some pics hope they are of the right things. I can take anymore if needed. And yes I know my shock was un hooked in the pics.

Andrew

Attached Thumbnails Newbie from Ohio-0329111057.jpg   Newbie from Ohio-0329111058.jpg   Newbie from Ohio-0329111059.jpg   Newbie from Ohio-0329111059a.jpg   Newbie from Ohio-0329111101.jpg  

Old 03-29-2011, 01:53 PM
WhiteWidow00
Record Breaker

Welcome to DodgeForum. I can't really tell by the pictures what kind of lift is on it, but if the tire size is 33", you definitely have a lift. The stock tire was not 33 however, they varied but the most common stock tire size is 31x10.50. You can find the tire size yours came with from factory in the sticker on the inside of driver door.

Old 03-29-2011, 04:09 PM
shrpshtr325
THE ULTI-MOD
Received 34 Likes on 32 Posts

33inch tires will not fit on a stock truck, need some lift to fit them

as stated above 31 is the stock size on the SLT and SLT+, some of the lower trim lines came w/ smaller tires tho.

Old 03-30-2011, 11:41 PM
hydrashocker
Hall Of Fame
Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

It seems like this thread is a troll!

I looked at the front end, and it is comical to say the least. The user shows views that cannot verify his integrity. Show us the bump stops or the actual measuremets from the ground to the center of the tortion bar knuckle.

Old 03-31-2011, 12:38 PM
DrewsDurango98
Old 03-31-2011, 12:47 PM
DrewsDurango98

Originally Posted by hydrashocker
It seems like this thread is a troll!

I looked at the front end, and it is comical to say the least. The user shows views that cannot verify his integrity. Show us the bump stops or the actual measuremets from the ground to the center of the tortion bar knuckle.

I said I was not very knowledgeable about lifts and that I can take any others pics if needed. Yet you have to come in and bash on me. Seems that every forum has a bad*** like you. Theses forums are made to be helpful and share our knowledge and common interest and love in our cars and trucks, not to ridicule every ones ride and knowledge.

Maybe you should look at how whitewidow is helpful.

Andrew

Old 03-31-2011, 01:21 PM
Evon Trizmo
Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Ah, don't worry about Hydra you get used to it after a while haha. Looks like you just got replys from the "big 3" on this forum in a row, nice.

Anyways I'm Andrew too and live near Sandusky Ohio and have a 98 D also.

Your lift looks to be a little on the flimsy side, no offense. What they did basically for the front was add extensions on the upper and lower control arms, cut the draglink ends off, welded a steel plate from the top original draglink to another lower draglink, and welded on extension bars to hold your front diff. up. As for the rear, I don't see any longer shackles, but your leaf springs have a much greater bow to them then stock, that's for sure. You might also have a body lift, I couldn't tell from the pictures. Your skid plate up front is gone too so be careful when offroading. From looking at the pictures, your tires seem to have a slight positive camber angle to them, since you just got the truck, I'd take it in for a free alignment inspection just to be safe. Seems to me they just took the cheap way out just to get looks of the 33s without the strenght for off roading (street use is perfectly safe, nothing to worry about there), but it does look nice though.

Old 03-31-2011, 02:09 PM
Mean Green
Champion

The only lift for the D that tall is the tuff country lift and that is garbage, if it is. keep an eye on all of the nuts and bolts make sure they don't loosen up.

Old 03-31-2011, 02:41 PM
DrewsDurango98

Thanks for the info. I just got this truck and got it cheap. It does not have a body lift as I can take pics of the mounts to show. I not looking to do heavy duty offroading, more just a little mudding. do you think this will be ok?

Also is there anything I can do to strengthen the front axle so its not so flimsy?

Last edited by DrewsDurango98; 03-31-2011 at 02:43 PM.
Old 03-31-2011, 02:47 PM
Evon Trizmo
Captain

Yup should be fine as long as you don't hit anything. I always have some stuck up snob go ahead of me to shed some light on what to expect ahead. Kids and their lifted chevy trucks that they like to show off in, then they always wreck/break/hit something, never fails.

Quick Reply: Newbie from Ohio