1st Gen Durango 1998 - 2003 Durango's

PCM questions?? DIY or Dealership?

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2011, 10:24 AM
ronald1981
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default PCM questions?? DIY or Dealership?

hello everyone thanks for reviewing my question.. my dodge wouldnt start the other day, so after the checking the starter solenoid and battery and alternator they were deducted from being the cause...i had it towed to an auto center and they said that when they got it, it started right up... they said that is probably the pcm module, and that i would have to take it to A Dodge Dealer... My question is ... Can i fix this myself, or must i take it to dodge dealership.. im tryin to save as much money as possible... thanks for your help and God Bless! ( if i can fix it myself, can anyone give me any tutorials, or somewhere i can go to learn how to do it!)

Old 04-02-2011, 03:01 PM
hydrashocker
Hall Of Fame
Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

You can replace it yourself!

Anyway, lets talk about your problem and see if that is actually the issue. Can you please describe in complete detail exactly what it was doing, and what you did to test? Also please give us the year, motor, and 4X4 or 2wd?

Old 04-02-2011, 06:05 PM
CharlieEscobar
Professional

I know what you're about to go through bud.

This is a fantastic place to help you out. Are there any codes? You can "pull" them by turning your ign on and off 3 times and write the codes that appear on your odometer. There is a sticky here on this forum that gives you the meaning of each code.

If you find out that it is the pcm, DO NOT take it to a stealership. Go to American Computer Exchange, they have them for $199. They will need your vin# and mileage. They will program it in-house and ship it to you. The stealership will say it can't be done but they just want your money. (btw, pcm's from the dealer are $611).

Like Hydra said, give some details- this forum is amazing.

Old 04-08-2011, 11:40 AM
ronald1981

hello thanks for responding .. sorry it took awhile to get back to you.. been working alot of overtime.. well the same it was towed, the autoshop said that it started right up, and it have been starting up ever since... i have a car scanner tool, but i havent used it, but i will 1 day... the make and model is 2000 Dogdge durango V8 SLT 4.7L 4x4.. but the symptoms were, first there were no codes on the odometer, it just seemed like the batter was completely dead, no power at all, we checked the starter, but it was fine, the alternator, was fine, we used my uncle's car to boost it, and it had some power but wouldnt turn over... but since then it have been running fine, but im keeping a check on it though..

Quick Reply: PCM questions?? DIY or Dealership?