1st Gen Durango 1998 - 2003 Durango's

Best Story of ALL

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2011, 08:29 PM
Jerryh02
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm not gonna lie....I couldn't help but grin while I was reading...AWESOME STORY!

Old 04-09-2011, 10:34 PM
hydrashocker
Hall Of Fame
Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

What would make it better is you towing your utility trailer with a riding lawn mower on it and take em the same way like I (and you) have done before......LMFAO

Old 04-10-2011, 01:38 AM
rancej

Great story. I retold it to my son today while we were shopping for a him a car. He said if it wasn't for the gas mileage he'd like to buy my Durango and trick it out like whitewidow. He rolled my BMW (8 times) back on July 4th. I'm looking for something a whole lot slower for him!

Old 04-10-2011, 05:00 AM
Jerryh02

WOW! Looks like it was quite the wreck. Glad he is ok!!

Old 04-10-2011, 10:06 AM
shrpshtr325
THE ULTI-MOD
Received 33 Likes on 31 Posts

wow your one generous father buying him his own car after he wrecked yours, my parents made me buy my first car, and then decided about a year later that i needed a 4x4 so i got the Durango, but i think that having to buy my own first vehicle was a very good experience in learning the value of not only having a vehicle, but having one in good mechanical condition and responsibility to NOT do something stupid and wreck it. i know that if i wrecked it i would be out a car until i could buy something else on my own

Old 04-10-2011, 06:05 PM
hydrashocker
Hall Of Fame
Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Why is it when the talk of racing comes out someones gotta bust up the fun with reality pictures?

Old 04-10-2011, 08:10 PM
WhiteWidow00
Record Breaker

That is the reason I stuck another picture over the stock one on the headrest tha says high rollover risk. I try not to think of crashing or rolling it over and that is why I will be puting wider wheels and way wider profile with less off roady tread.

Old 04-11-2011, 12:22 PM
rancej

Yeah Hydra...should have kept those pictures out. Sorry to put a note of seriousness to a great story.

I'm not buying him a car, I'm co-signing. I had to buy my own car too back in the day. I gave him a Toyota Previa mini-van as his first car and just sold it a few weeks ago so we're looking for something with good gas mileage and a bit sportier than a mini van.

He wrecked my car at two in the afternoon coming home from Myrtle Beach. He wasn't speeding and had no alcohol/drugs of any type in his system. He said he just blacked out for a second (I think he was say dreaming) and just turned off the highway going about 65-70mph. He broke his left arm slap in two and all of his toes on his left foot. His friend in the passenger seat had only a 1/2 scratch on his cheek. We were very lucky. There is a bit of safety in some of the German cars.

Old 04-14-2011, 03:57 PM
WhiteWidow00
Record Breaker

I thought I would put this in my own thread but there were those of you requesting pictures of my stuff I keep in the rear of my truck as a "Just In Case" thing and I finally got around to taking some pictures of everything... Enjoy!

Name:  photo-78.jpg
Views: 13
Size:  47.3 KB
What you can see in this picture:
Paper Plates, Glock 13, Bungee Cords, Water Bottle, Water Bottle of Coolant, Spray Foam, Freon, Silicone, Wire, PB Blaster, Hydraulic Jack, Syphon Hose, 12ga shells, Gasket Maker, Bicycle Pump (Yes can be used for car tires), Hitch Pins (2), Subwoofer Amp

Name:  photo-79.jpg
Views: 13
Size:  37.2 KB
What you can see in this picture:
Tow Strap, Wire Strippers, Power Inverter, Throttle Body Cleaner, Jumper Cables, Bolt Cutters, WD-40, Oil Filter Wrench, Extra Belt, Knife, Lighter, 3 Ball Reese Hitch, of course the Ohio State Buckeyes License Plate Frame!

There is some more stuff scattered thru the vehicle itself, I just don't feel like mentioning everything that is everywhere! LOL There is also a fire extinguished located under the driver seat and a MAGLITE (4 D-Cell Cop Type) between the driver seat and arm-rest.

There are also 3 or 4 other lights scattered thru the rest of the D just in case! Hope you all like my pictures and tell me what ya think! I've learned in my life, you can never be too prepared for anything

Old 04-14-2011, 05:58 PM
topdogcustoms
Captain

is the first pic the back of the 3rd row seat

Quick Reply: Best Story of ALL