1st Gen Durango 1998 - 2003 Durango's

Help in Seattle

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2011, 03:04 AM
jeff c
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation Help in Seattle

No more garages, High priced mechanics. You forum members are it. I don't care how far off the wall it is, so come ahead and enlighten me
My story begins with the purchase at a lot that no longer is around. A 1999 Dodge Durango that burned up the PCM with in two weeks. It's fixed until now and this is the twist, It is sporadic,no way to tell when it will happen. It will just die. At highway speed. On city streets, pulling up to a stop sign, In a parking cue at a burger joint, In front of the supper market. rain, shine, frigid cold or warm spring days. I may have just started it or it might go for hours and hours. Then blahhhhh roll it to the shoulder. Try to start it and it turns over and over etc.... . All lighted displays on dash are lighted. fans, horn, lights, windows everything works. If I wait for a few minutes(2-5) it might start, but then again it could be the next day before it starts again. Fuel pump has been changed.
It acts like a device that gets hot and causes ASD, just not all the time.

Old 04-11-2011, 04:28 PM
shrpshtr325
THE ULTI-MOD
Received 33 Likes on 31 Posts

this needs to be in the 1st generations section.

and for my own reference, trying to cut down on misposts in here, why didnt you read the thread entitled "please read BEFORE posting"???

(im also moving this to the 1st generation section)

Old 04-11-2011, 06:22 PM
topdogcustoms
Captain

what engine do you have?

Old 04-11-2011, 08:22 PM
hydrashocker
Hall Of Fame
Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Ug,

Unplug the PCM and ensure there is no corrosion and plug it back in.

Old 07-05-2011, 11:54 PM
CheapChic
Default Fuel Pump Assembly ?

Fuel Pump went out on 1999 Durango...at a friends advice we ordered the Fuel pump repair kit..thought it had everything, got the pump out and apart and the inner filter that is bean shaped 1/2 in x 4in did not have a replacement..the filter looks bad, got alot of sludge in it...what to do? the other filters within the fuel assembly are there...a rectangle and on that is square....hints/tips appreciated

Old 07-06-2011, 12:22 AM
IndyDurango
Champion
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

CheapChic, start your own thread. You post has nothing to do with the OP's situation.

OP/Jeff c, assuming the PCM is connected cleanly, your PCM is overheating. Place a sealed zip lock bag of ice on it (if possible) and watch it light up and drive along. It's shot at this point so replace the PCM.

IndyDurango

Quick Reply: Help in Seattle