1st Gen Durango 1998 - 2003 Durango's

98 Durango Trans Problems - Tried everything!

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2011, 09:54 PM
dsfboo
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 98 Durango Trans Problems - Tried everything!

I've got a 98 Durango w/ the 5.2L 4x4. I had these codes PO753 and PO743 pop up about a week ago. I know they are for the overdrive and shift solenoids. I've actually replaced these sensors before in my other Dodge truck when it started popping these same codes. So, I've replaced all the solenoids in the transmission, overdrive/lockup and the two shift solenoids. As soon as I connected the battery back up, the code was still on, so I erased it with my scanner. But, as soon as I turned the truck back on, the same codes popped up again. So, I changed out the PCM. I had the PCM programmed at the dealership, but the same codes are still popping. I changed out the whole complete wire harness thinking it could be a wiring problem, but with no luck because it's still the same thing. I've checked the relay fuses. I even pulled out the solenoids again to check the ohms on them and they're reading correct at 31.4. Does anyone think that it could possibly be the TPS or even the ignition itself? Right now, I'm just completely stumped that I can't get it out of limp mode. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Quick Reply: 98 Durango Trans Problems - Tried everything!