Air Intake's on 2003 dodge durango 4.7

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2011, 10:11 AM
dodge_dingo_kid
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by gr8scott72
Might be better to spend your money here:

www.hop.com
my bad sorry i thought this site www.dodfeforum.com was for grown ups talking about there dodge and asking question for better answers your just as cool as that guy

Old 04-25-2011, 12:12 PM
Bobman
Veteran
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by dodge_dingo_kid
my bad sorry i thought this site www.dodfeforum.com was for grown ups talking about there dodge and asking question for better answers your just as cool as that guy
It is, he's just poking a little fun at you. Normally people here use things like punctuation, capital letters (where appropriate), and spell check!

BTW, do some research (here and off-site) and you'll see that the comments about the throttle body spacer are accurate.

Bob

Last edited by Bobman; 04-25-2011 at 12:15 PM.
Old 04-25-2011, 01:08 PM
WhiteWidow00
Record Breaker

now im ordering tb spacer has anyone did this and did they notice a diffrent in gas milege and accleraion
I did this before I was informed that it does absolutely nothing for your vehicle and in fact I ended up losing fuel economy. In theory the spacer sounds good, on a carburetor and not a throttle body. Basically the throttle body just regulates air intake and not air/fuel mixture so that being said, sorry but you have wasted your money sir.

Like gr8 said, it's simply snake oil. The only thing I noticed was an annoying whistle and no MPGs gained, HP, torque or anything.

going with new duel magnaflow exhaust too so i should feel abit of diffrents under the hood if i go that way? And i want a good sounding exhaust anyother ideas then magnaflow wat do u guys run i hear borla is better price and sound?
Yes you can feel a little bit of a difference but it's not under the hood, it's on the accelerator. The MagnaFlow line is a great line and I have nothing against them they're just a bit pricey for what they are. Also, it depends on what kind of "good sounding exhaust" you're looking for. Everyone has their own opinion on what sounds the best, as for me my Durango with Borla sounds the best.

Borla is WAYYYYYYY more expensive than you would want to spend unless you have a build because it's not going to sounds any better than a MagnaFlow on a stock build. My vehicle has about $6,000 worth of engine mods in it so I have a bit more of a performance aspect on things than most so Borla is the way I went because I wanted a little bit opened up exhaust as well as a performance sounds to it.

To be honest, I'd just go with a Flowmaster setup if you want the best overall sound for the price. They are very inexpensive and sounds great too. I had a Flowmaster 40 on mine before I went to Borla and was very happy with the sounds, again with the bigger build I wanted a little different sound. If you want performance/semi-loud exhaust sound the 40 would be good for you. If you want obnoxious loud sound either slap a cherry bomb glasspack on there or Flowmaster 10.

For the record, I'm not sure if you're aware but here's some prices for the CAT-back systems from Amazon:

MagnaFlow - $412.40
Flowmaster - $277.41
Borla - $558.99

Last edited by WhiteWidow00; 04-25-2011 at 01:22 PM.
Old 04-25-2011, 06:34 PM
hydrashocker
Hall Of Fame
Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

Yep,

I'm a Magnaflow man but each to their own. What type of sound do you like? I like a "low, quite, and grunty" sound for instance. In fact I just ordered myself a Magnaflow 12587 muffler for my Ram. http://www.magnaflow.com/02product/d...rtnumber=12587

Old 04-25-2011, 06:38 PM
WhiteWidow00
Record Breaker

One thing I can say about MagnaFlow is they do have a great sound and they stand up to the elements MUCH better than a Flowmaster or equivalent. I agree with you hydra on your opinion of a good sound. That low and grunty rumble but not too loud that you can't hear yourself think in the cab.

That muffler sounds wicked on the V10 also hydra, I had a buddy in Tennessee that had that setup (I'm assuming you had the same as his the 3.5 in dual 2.5 out) and it sounded freakin' beast.

All off task aside, you're going to get the best bang for your buck with a MagnaFlow but if your looking for an economy muffler that will give you a good sound, go with Flowmaster.

Quick Reply: Air Intake's on 2003 dodge durango 4.7