1st Gen Durango 1998 - 2003 Durango's

T/S question for 2003s

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-2011, 03:31 AM
V8Rango03
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default T/S question for 2003s

Hey everyone, sorry if this was already answered... I've been reading all about T/S lifts vs Add-A-Leaf etc. I have a 2003 Durango which for some reason is ridiculously hard to find any lift parts for so after reading about T/S lifts I think Im going to go with that I was hoping someone could answer these questions for me...

1. The T/S FAQs and DIY that are all over this forum.. will it work for the 2003's or is it just for the 98-02's like so many other parts/lift options. I saw on one post that the spindle is different in the 2003s so it might not work??? If it does work for the 2003s then all I need is the Belltech 6400 Shackle and eight 10 9/16 or 1/2 washers right?

2. Will I need bigger shocks now that it will be lifted?

3. Is the T/S the right choice or should I do Torsion keys and Add-a-leaf instead. OR would doing T/S lift plus the Add a leaf do anything? The whole reason why I am doing the T/S lift is not only just for looks but because the *** end is sagging quite a bit lately

4. Lastly I really want to do a 3" body lift after I do the T/S lift but haven't found one to fit the 2003 durango. Anyone have any suggestions or any links to one that will fit?

Thanks so much for your help. Im new to all this.
J

Old 07-02-2011, 02:14 PM
topdogcustoms
Captain

Originally Posted by V8Rango03
Hey everyone, sorry if this was already answered... I've been reading all about T/S lifts vs Add-A-Leaf etc. I have a 2003 Durango which for some reason is ridiculously hard to find any lift parts for so after reading about T/S lifts I think Im going to go with that I was hoping someone could answer these questions for me...

1. The T/S FAQs and DIY that are all over this forum.. will it work for the 2003's or is it just for the 98-02's like so many other parts/lift options. I saw on one post that the spindle is different in the 2003s so it might not work??? If it does work for the 2003s then all I need is the Belltech 6400 Shackle and eight 10 9/16 or 1/2 washers right?

2. Will I need bigger shocks now that it will be lifted?

3. Is the T/S the right choice or should I do Torsion keys and Add-a-leaf instead. OR would doing T/S lift plus the Add a leaf do anything? The whole reason why I am doing the T/S lift is not only just for looks but because the *** end is sagging quite a bit lately

4. Lastly I really want to do a 3" body lift after I do the T/S lift but haven't found one to fit the 2003 durango. Anyone have any suggestions or any links to one that will fit?

Thanks so much for your help. Im new to all this.
J
Yes it will work on the 03 you can either run the belltech or autozone shackles your shocks will work order a body lift for a 02 samething

Old 07-02-2011, 02:29 PM
V8Rango03

awesome thanks so much. will order them now and post pics when its on

Quick Reply: T/S question for 2003s