Old 10-07-2011, 09:04 PM
low2earth
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 4.7 issue

does the 00 durango have a knock sensor? its the 4.7 motor

Old 10-08-2011, 07:57 AM
low2earth

maybe if i explain whats happening someone may have an insight for me. the truck is running real rough and has a little knock sound. well i checked the valves and they were fine, replaced timing chain guide cause i noticed it was broke. so figured that was the prob and the chain was slapping around. timing is correct and that didnt solve the prob. when head was off manually turned over the motor to see if maybe rod had broke. nothing, pistons moving just fine. now when this first happened it thru a code for misfire in #1 coil. changed that and still not the prob.

can anyone pls help b4 i drive this thing into a dodge building........

Old 10-08-2011, 09:33 AM
shrpshtr325
THE ULTI-MOD
Received 33 Likes on 31 Posts

you dont really expect an answer overnight do you? less than 12 hours and you are getting upset that we havnt answered?? we all have lives outside of the forum, we do this in our free time in an attempt to help people, and we will help you, you just have to be patient

and yes the 4.7 has knock sensors

Old 10-08-2011, 11:36 AM
low2earth

nobody gettin upset and im the most patient person out there. i just figured had i explained what was going on instead of just asking if it has a knock sensor that maybe someone will have a dif idea of whats wrong. and as far as answer overnight you kiddin rite. why would i expect an answer over night. if i were gettin upset over this forum then i would of started it at WTF... but i didnt.

Old 10-08-2011, 03:28 PM
hydrashocker
Hall Of Fame
Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Settle down.....LOL

Anyway, they do have knock sensors. Your problem is most likely the spark plugs. Replace with Champion Copper (yes the cheapo) and gap at .040 before installation. If you still have a problem go get a bottle of Seafoam and put it in the tank. Remember to reset the PCM after spark plugs.

Old 10-08-2011, 11:47 PM
low2earth

wow really? it can really be the plugs? i knew the rough running could be plugs but also the knocking noise?

Old 10-08-2011, 11:47 PM
shrpshtr325
THE ULTI-MOD
Received 33 Likes on 31 Posts

sorry to come across as harsh man, that wasnt my intent, it just seemed like you were expectin that we would have answered you immediately had you posted more information, idk, please dont take it the wrong way.

yup bad plugs (worn out) can cause pinging and/or predetonation can be caused by overworn plugs, you could also try running a higher octane fuel to see if that helps alleviate the issue.

Old 10-09-2011, 12:14 AM
low2earth

no harm no foul man. i really wasnt expecting an answer rite away. just fig when someone did read it that if they see whats going on that they may have other ideas lol. an it worked haha.

yea i know that these plugs are pretty beat. was only gonna worry about changing them if the problem was fixed. but it appears that may actually be the problem. i will try it tomorrow and let you guys know. thanx. i really hope this does the trick cause this things been sitting in my yard for 5 months and me workin on it. thanx again

Old 10-09-2011, 12:34 PM
low2earth

ok so i pulled the old plugs. not only do they look beat, they were also gaped at .060-.075. i dont know who put them things in last but wow lol. put new ones in an gaped at .040 and went to start truck. except there fuel pourin out of one of the injectors now. come to find out that the oring on injector is beat. going to lowes to see if i can find a matching oring. really dont feel like ordering a $60 injector to find out it still not running rite smdh

Old 10-09-2011, 02:23 PM
hydrashocker
Hall Of Fame
Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

That was WAY to far open, and I would assume it is from wear. I'm sure this will get her running smooth now. I hope you got the cheap champion copper plugs?

Anyway, yes an O-ring from Lowes should work, but I would have went to NAPA. Hope they are rated for fuel.....

Quick Reply: 4.7 issue