1st Gen Durango 1998 - 2003 Durango's

Just ran seafoam, got to read this!

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-2011, 08:53 PM
samnbensdad
Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by OffTheTimeline
Shrps, so would it not really matter if I gassed @ chevron (with techronŽ lol) or @ arco where I can save sometimes more than ten cents per gallon? I always try to gas @ chevron since I moved to the states, back home I always gassed @ mobil... and now I am itching to pick up some seafoam now! :-)
These are the big things to watch for ...
*Ethanol content
*Above ground fuel tanks
*Cleanliness of pumps
*I personally stay away from older/aging stations too because you never know the condition of their fuel tanks. It's very expensive to maintain those tanks.
*A lot of people also avoid stations while they are being refueled due to the sediment in the tanks being stirred up (even though each nozzle has a filter).

Last edited by samnbensdad; 11-08-2011 at 09:22 PM.
Old 11-08-2011, 09:22 PM
RollerRed
Veteran

Originally Posted by samnbensdad
*Ethanol content
*Above ground fuel tanks
*Cleanliness of pumps
*I personally stay away from older/aging stations too because you never know the condition of their fuel tanks. It's very expensive to maintain those tanks.
*A lot of people also avoid stations while they are being refueled due to the sediment in the tanks being stirred up (even though each nozzle gas a filter).
Amen
++1 on that.
I personally use cheveron mainly because they are the newest station in town(just built 2 years ago) plus tecron(sp?).

Old 11-08-2011, 09:23 PM
RollerRed
Veteran

Originally Posted by adukart
When my plenum finally goes I'm definitely doing the kegger. There is a guy who sells on the forums and ebay port and polished tb's. He does a 50mm and a 52mm, the 50 is like $90 and the 52 about $140 plus you can get another $25 back if you send him your old one. It looks like he does good quality work, he also uses laser cut throttle blades.
Who is this?
I would want the 50 I am sure, unless the 52 really is worth the extra $50...That would be sweet. I could pull that and then just cut the kegger up! Win win in my book...

Old 11-08-2011, 10:19 PM
adukart
Record Breaker
Received 27 Likes on 23 Posts

Here's his email, brianwhiteley1974@yahoo.com I think his handle on ebay is blkdktrt. Here is a link to another forum were he sells them http://www.thespeedfreaks.net/showthread.php?t=5212. Doesn't hurt to get specifics.

Old 11-08-2011, 10:47 PM
shrpshtr325
THE ULTI-MOD
Received 34 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by OffTheTimeline
Shrps, so would it not really matter if I gassed @ chevron (with techronŽ lol) or @ arco where I can save sometimes more than ten cents per gallon? I always try to gas @ chevron since I moved to the states, back home I always gassed @ mobil... and now I am itching to pick up some seafoam now! :-)

correct, as long as the tanks are not leaking and getting water into them you will mos tlikely not have problems, i personally buy from the cheapest station that does not have ethanol in their gas.

Originally Posted by samnbensdad
*Ethanol content
*Above ground fuel tanks
*Cleanliness of pumps
*A lot of people also avoid stations while they are being refueled due to the sediment in the tanks being stirred up (even though each nozzle has a filter).
yup ethanol content and leaking tanks are the two big things to look out for.

i dont care if they are being fueled at the time bc, as you said, they have filters on the pumps. also i will stay away from gas station in the local flood plain for a while after heavy rains, especially when they actually flood.

Old 11-08-2011, 11:57 PM
RollerRed
Veteran

Originally Posted by adukart
Here's his email, brianwhiteley1974@yahoo.com I think his handle on ebay is blkdktrt. Here is a link to another forum were he sells them http://www.thespeedfreaks.net/showthread.php?t=5212. Doesn't hurt to get specifics.
I cant seem to find this guy on ebay anymore...is this his thing? This guy says he used to build and do them but can anymore.
What do you think here?
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Instructions...sories&vxp=mtr

Old 11-09-2011, 09:33 AM
Jason Van Order
Rookie

Originally Posted by shrpshtr325
correct, as long as the tanks are not leaking and getting water into them you will mos tlikely not have problems, i personally buy from the cheapest station that does not have ethanol in their gas.

yup ethanol content and leaking tanks are the two big things to look out for.

i dont care if they are being fueled at the time bc, as you said, they have filters on the pumps. also i will stay away from gas station in the local flood plain for a while after heavy rains, especially when they actually flood.

Im not sure about other states but i think here in michigan if a station uses steel tanks the have to be replaced every 10 years. If the use the poly tanks or whatever they are they can leave them in longer but the have a very good system to detect leaks going into and out of the tank. So if the station is less than say 15 years old you can be pretty sure the tanks dont leak

Old 11-09-2011, 01:05 PM
adukart
Record Breaker
Received 27 Likes on 23 Posts

Really he can't do them anymore, dang. I talked to him this spring and he was still doing them then, I had some stuff come up and ended up not being able to order one.
Here check out this company http://www.thefastman.com/Throttlebodies5x.asp many members on here have gotten throttle bodies from them and seem to happy with it.

Quick Reply: Just ran seafoam, got to read this!