1st Gen Durango 1998 - 2003 Durango's

Blower not working: it's NOT the resistor or blower motor? Help.

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-2011, 08:26 PM
otgarzā
Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Got the resistor for 15 at autozone and got the harness for 80 i believe at the dealer...could be online too. you have to install the wires into the plug that goes into the resistor which is part of the set with the wires. Wires get spliced onto the old wires and everything should be good. Dont forget the electical tape!

Old 12-17-2011, 08:34 PM
otgarzā
Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Also when i had this problem many suggested to go to the junkyard for it...but i thought the chances of finding one that wasnt looking as bad as mine were slim to none.

Old 01-08-2012, 09:55 PM
alth3655
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

hey fellas, mechanic just left and it is fixed!

Last year, I just had to replace the resistor. This year same thing happened, I replaced the resistor and it still didn't work so after some advice i bought the wiring harness and plug online.

Here is what I purchased:

http://www.amazon.com/DURANGO-BLOWER...0&sr=8-1-fkmr1

My mechanic came over and didn't have much trouble. He said some of the plug looked black and burnt, and so was one of the wires. He only replced the burnt wire, and he replaced the old plug, and wa-la, worked like a charm!

Since I took the resistor back because I thought that was the problem at first, I now have another one in waiting if this one goes bad.

One word of advice, take a picture or write down the order of your wires. Once you take the plug out its easy to forget. We had to look it up.

Good luck, I hope this helps anyone else out there who replaced their resistor and still had no heat. Thank God it's been a mild winter so far!

Quick Reply: Blower not working: it's NOT the resistor or blower motor? Help.